Chapter 17: Past

"Whenever you feel like giving up don't just give up but always give yourself a reason to live"

Flashback: 4 years ago

19-year-old Elle

"Why did you do it, Elle?" My father yell at me as he threw the couch to the other side and I cowered away to a corner of our house.

"They were our Alpha's sons and one of them was your best friend's mate, why?" he asked again but I didn't reply.

I could hear my mother sobbing in the kitchen. "Damn it, Elle! Why? I thought you weren't like those girls."

I wanted to cry even more upon hearing my dad's words.

"You have disgraced us and if tomorrow comes I want you out of this house and this pack. You're not my daughter!" he shouted at last.

My mother came into the living room blowing her nose with a tissue "Go to your room Elle, your father and I need to talk," she told me and I walk out of the living room.

Instead of going to my room, I hid behind a wall listening in. I heard them talking and my mom lashing out at my dad. "Don she's our daughter we can't just push her away and agree to what everyone is thinking. We are her parents Don! Whether she's good or bad she's still our daughter."

I could hear my dad pacing around

"Mira, we can't forgive her. She disgraced this family. Our family" he almost shouted.

"Don, are you forgetting the goodness in her? When she did do everything we want without asking for anything in return? When she was supposed to find her mate but we let her take care of the late Luna when it wasn't even her priority?" my mother keep asking my dad.

I cover my mouth with my hands suppressing my sobs. My mother's voice weakens. "She has no one Don, but only us" she cries out to him.

"It's just one mistake, Don, out of all the good things she did. Are we going to disown her just because she did something wrong once in her life?"

I heard them both crying, then I peeked to find my father pulling my mother in his arms. "You're right and I'm sorry," he whispers as he tries to soothe her.

It was then I knew they deserved to know the truth so I made myself known to them. "Mom, dad can I talk to you?"

They both turn to me, before I could say anything they both crush me into their embrace, and we all cry at once.

"Would you believe me if I say I've never slept with them?" I ask and both of my parents nodded their heads. So without delay, I explained to them both how I got into this mess.

How I was involved with the future Alpha's friends just to get near his brother Dexter. How I flirted with him nonstop at a party just to be closer to their home and students assuming we slept together. How all of his friends lied about me sleeping with them afterward and how I moved to the next target which was Alden the future Alpha as he was the only option left to retrieve the book from.

I knew he was Serena's mate but I still, seduced Alden while he was drunk. So he did take me home and that's how I got hold of the book but we never slept together. I was going to tell Serena the truth but it was too late. Someone had already taken photos of us going inside the house with his arms around my waist.

Once I finished telling them everything my mom hugged me again while my dad tightened his fist. "Then why did you go through all the trouble. You could just walk away from Jea but why did you still do it?"

Closing my eyes I withheld back my tears. "I was going to die mom, and I couldn't leave you behind. I couldn't bring myself to do it."

My parents wouldn't believe it. They began to panic before they hug me again. "Oh my, are you sick? You could have told us. We could look for a cure..."

I stop them both. "No mom, dad," I said as my tears couldn't be held back anymore

"My mate died. I felt my heart and my whole being burning. The pain was intolerable that it weakened my body."

I try to wipe away my tears. "They said I wouldn't live any longer. I thought about it a lot you know, of no purpose to live but you gave me a reason to live and that's why I sought Jea for help. I don't want to give up because he's gone. I still have you"

My father broke down and he apologized for what he said. He was the one who agreed to let me look after the former Luna while all young female and male wolves were out there living their lives. Now my mate is gone and they both feel guilty about it.

After that day, my parents both resigned from their posts as warriors and we moved to Alcader. They would rather help serve another pack and Alpha than the Cascarade pack. The pack that criticizes and is about to abandon me.

~~~~~~