Chapter 25: Why Not

I think I made a mistake in the last chapter. Connor is the name of the main protagonist in one of my ongoing book that is not published yet. So it was supposed to be Conrad, Aaron's Beta. Please watch out for it and let me know. I'll amend it accordingly. xoxo

Two days passed since the unwelcome feeling by Eric and Zeus. Despise not wanting to be around them but, unfortunately, I have to and we have been doing the same thing over and over again.

We have been digging into information about the hunters and rogues. However, everything seems to be on loose ends. We came with nothing at all. Most of the time I felt like there was no use for me to be there. They may have wanted me to help find Jea but I can't help but think that Jea may not be the reason why I'm here with them.

Called it intuition but those feelings are never wrong and I cannot wait for the day the truth came out. This whole thing is making me anxious every day.

The opening of the poster by Zeus in front of Eric and Aaron snaps me out of my crazy thoughts. "So they are handing out a reward for those who have info on the werewolves that killed their men. We need to be careful as there will be traitors in here and out there," he warns them before passing the poster around to Lucian, Conrad then me.

"So there is a reward?" I look at my distorted face on the poster and then glance back and forth. Lucian narrows his eyes at me.

"Yup 2000 euro for anyone to find you," Conrad confirms. I sigh with disappointment and they all look at me with a confused expressions.

"That's you," Zeus says and pointed his index finger at me and then to the poster. 

I glare at Conrad because it was he who announced that the picture is supposed to be me. I haven't had a look at it on the first day or any other days but today is a surprise and no wonder why Zeus said that I was not on the hit list posters. 

"Did I say something wrong?" asked Conrad and I huffed. "The price is too cheap and look at their posters, I mean my nose is too long," I say and threw it on the table. Zeus was right I look nothing like it.

"My face looks bland" I dramatically flip my hair. "I curse the human who painted me. They should have taken a picture of their hostage instead of using the 19th-century method," I say crossing my legs. '

'He's not even good at his job, is he?' Eliz purrs in my head and I nod my head no. 'I wonder who even hired him' I mumble and sigh under my breath.

Zeus moves closer to my seat making me scoot over and almost fall on the floor but his hand on my waist keeps me in place. This dude has been flirting with me nonstop throughout the past two days. 

Presently I wasn't expecting this but I wonder why the sudden change in Zeus' attitude. Maybe he's like Eric they're both bipolar and need medical attention. It's confirmed that he is Eric's twin brother. How can they hate someone one day and seem to care the next day? I will recommend to Aaron to let these two see therapists since he's the only sane Alpha here.

"I do agree beautiful," his hand brushed away a strand of hair in front of my face which snap me back to reality. I tried to slap his hand away but he held onto it and pull me closer. Eliz pokes out her tongue with disgust, and the guy's jaw drops

'Is he seriously flirting in front of our mate?' Eliz spat and her face was gloomy in my head. 

'Sorry I thought he's already mated and we're not... so stop calling him to mate,' I retaliate.

'Zhipa his wolf still loves me' she whimpers.

'Right love you enough to mate Claire's wolf instead?' I said it without thinking and once I realized what I just said to her. I push Zeus away, putting a space between us.

'I'm sorry Eliz' I sincerely apologize to her but she didn't talk back to me. I know she's upset with me now, and I felt bad then.

Eric scowls at Zeus whose hand is about to reach my waist again. Zeus chuckles and holds his hands up in defense. He winks at me and walks back to his seat.

"I'll leave Jay here to discuss further details and pardon myself. I need to be somewhere today," said Zeus. He stands up to go but before he left he turns to me. He says, "I know we haven't started right but I would like to make it up next time we meet." He winks at me and walks out of the office.

'There is no next time' Eliz growled in the back of my mind.

When he left I quickly got up and grabbed one of the books from the shelves. I didn't want the guys' attention on me.

I read it through and flip twice on the same chapter for anything interesting, unfortunately, there is nothing. This is one of the trends now as I want them to act normally. However, I could feel my left cheek burning from the stares. They couldn't do anything else but just stare at me. It was getting annoying, and I give up. I turn to them.

"What?" I ask

"Nothing," Lucian says and I squint my eyes at him.

"Yeah right, as I could almost feel my left cheek splitting," I retorted.

Aaron moves his leg to the other side while Eric scratches his hair. I turn to Jay who avoids eye contact with me. I shut the book close. 

"That's it what did you guys talk about?" I ask in a serious tone. I could tell that they were mind-linking before I ask them.

"Why would we, we're just-" Eric starts

"-thinking about the tactics" Jay finished.

"And those tactics were so important for you not to let me in the links," I said and nobody speaks. 'Got yah.'

"Boys we don't have all day, now hurry up I'm waiting," I demand and try to be patient with them. Lucian frowns at them I knew they were minding linking again cutting me out completely. 

"We kind of thought you and Zeus are an item. We saw the way he looks at you. Like you have been doing it," Conrad nervously explain and luckily my werewolf hearing caught on the last piece of his sentence.

"Why does everyone think I slept with all of our kind" I snap at them, Lucian shrugged his shoulders

"I don't know you tell us" he scoffed at me. Oh, the nerve of this prick.

I roll my eyes and deadpan with my index pointing at each one of them in the office, "seriously if I have I would have banged him, him, him and you by now."

"And what makes you so sure of yourself?" both Aaron and Eric ask sarcastically

"Hello darlings, I haven't worked with my persuasion yet" my finger went up then pointed to the ground.

"Are you flirting?" Jay intercepted.

"Nah duh I'm only stating a fact here and believe me if I were seducing you I would be all over you. You would never be able to resist my charm."

Their jaws drop. How cliché? I walk toward the door and turn the knop. However, before I walk out I turn back at them. 

I said, "believe me if I'm interested you wouldn't be able to keep your paws to yourself BUT too bad I'm not." 

I flash them my perfect smile and gracefully exit the office. When the door is closed behind me I felt my heart beat racing. How could I have the confidence to say that in front of the alphas and their beta? I ask myself.

'Stupid mouth' I curse myself while Eliz laughs at me saying, 'oh girl your mouth is your grave one day' '!' She feigns fainting inside my head

'And you are the devil.' 

Thank you again for your continuous support and please keep on reading.

Love Xox,
Nica