Chapter 16: Not Worth It

Claire gave me a warning look as she slams her hands on the table. She then accusingly pointed a finger at me. "Bullshit! and oh dear don't roll your eyes at me cause when I do-"

I cut off her words and say to her, "oh fuck you, when you do I'll make sure it will stay that way forever."

Everyone from the Daluna and Moonbridge pack growls at me including my mate. This made her smirk even more. All I want to do was to wipe that smirk off of her face and if only she was a statue.

Serena looked between the two of us and said. "Back to the topic here.... so you," she pointed her finger at me. "You slept with my mate and his brother and look at where it got you?" she grins at me after saying those words. I could see that she was trying to embarrass me in front of everyone. 

"Now what? You're moving towards him?" Serena added on and pointed to Eric, then to Josh which Josh in defense slams his fist on the table and gave her a warning look. Nobody knows my mate except Claire and Aberdeen. I just nod my head at Serena in return.

"I guess that's all you're ever good at. Spreading your legs and never using that brain of yours" Serena taunts me and I laugh at that. I didn't care whether she was a Luna or what.

"I wonder what your parents would think? I mean poor them they didn't expect a slut as their daughter," she spat at me.

I didn't want to change the way I act even though I felt like ripping her apart. "Oh, Sere! My nose just bled from the assault. My former best friend is so high and mighty just because she is mated to an Alpha. Dear, what a disappointment!" I retort and let out a burst of laughter, making her angry.

She was about to jump up and break my nose but her mate held her back. My laugh died down and my face was replaced with an unfriendly sneer, which could only mean I am mocking them and her words do not affect me.

"Oh, moon goddess isn't that what you and she were good at years ago before you met your mates," I said. 

Now it was my turn to burn them with my words. The room is now filled with growls just because I insulted their Luna's but hey they just crossed the line with it.

"Tsk you know...you should have believed him," I say pointing to her mate Alden and his brother Dexter. "And him when they said they never slept with me that also goes for the rest of you in here." 

The smile is now gone from my face and I held my head high. "My parents were at least proud of me because they knew the truth. Oh Sere, you see the truth is I never slept with your mate or any other."

Their jaw drops and I smile in victory. 

"But I felt the pain when you-" Eric started but he stopped once he realized his mistake. Everyone in the room now looked between the two of us, confusion was there.

"Right! When I first felt my ex-mate mated with someone else..." I stop to observe their reactions before continuing with my assaults. Since the truth is out might as well just play my cards. 

"The thought of kissing someone, making out, mark, and be fully mated just to get back at my mate never left my mind but then to think again you're not worth it." I make sure to stretch out the last four words. 

I saw a pained look on his face. Yes, I can see the hurt is written all over Eric's mate. I wonder why now but I just don't give a fuck about him anymore. It's not like he ever did for me in the beginning.

The room again was silent and everyone gasped in surprise at the new information. Don't know if the fact that I played their mind or that I'm Eric's mate, the ex-mate. Lucian was unmoved as he sat next to Eric and Alpha Reed's expression was unreadable.

"Why would I just destroy myself for someone who's not worth it? You see, I ask the witch Jea to do the work for me and I gave her something in return."

"If you didn't sleep with them then what you were after," Serena asked, interrupting me.

"I didn't know you were dumb Sere... Gosh, I needed the spellbook and you my ex-best friend didn't even let me explain anything. Despite all that, I don't care because I always made sure to succeed in everything which I eventually did" I said and grinned at them.

"Except for your mate," intervene Claire. She smirked at me but hell no. I am not going to let her win this one.

"Claire when I say to succeed in everything I mean it. Didn't you get the memo?" Everyone stares at me in awe, turning the tables and it was my turn to smirk and her face had gone pale.

"We kissed and we almost-" I stop in mid-sentence because I wanted to see her reaction. "Do you want details?" I wink at her and oh I love playing with her.

"Can you blame us, we're mates. Gosh Claire I would have plucked that Luna crown from your head at any time. I mean can you believe it? I can have him whenever I want. But then again if I think about everything you're not worth it and he's not worth the wait" I said gesturing towards Eric whose eyes never left mine.

"Every goddamn person in Cascarade isn't worth the effort except for my pack The Alcaders."

My finger then starts pointing around from Eric, Serena, Alpha Reed, Clair, and to their packs. "YOU'RE ALL NOT WORTH IT." 

After saying that out loud and clear, I held my head high and shrugged my shoulder. I straighten my back and walk out of there without caring to anyone's opinion.