Chapter 13: Sweet Escape

Everything was a bit blurry to me. One second Jay tackled down the hunter who came inside the room, and the next thing I knew there was loud screaming within the house. People were cussing around and then follow by gunshots and howls.

'Wait only wolves can howl?' Eliz whimpers.

Footsteps were heard moving to the other side. Metal and furniture in the hallway were being thrown everywhere. However, I stood there in shock trying to comprehend what is going on.

Jay, after killing the hunter who is now lifeless on the ground, grabbed my hand and made our way out of the room. He runs to wherever he is taking me. I don't fully trust him but he is my only hope to escape for now. We kept running down the hallway. The house was indeed huge. I remember Jay says he's a human but seriously his speed was of someone who is a werewolf.

When we got to the living room bodies were lying everywhere and that's when I saw a big black wolf bathed with blood standing in the corner.

It snarls at Jay baring his bloody fangs. He reminds me of someone and I couldn't get a hold of it but I swear I did meet him before. That cold glare he is giving to Jay and that astute posture of his as if he is more than ready to snap off my poor head instead of Jay's head.

I swear I've seen him somewhere,' I link to Eliz and she nods in agreement.

Once our eyes meet, the wolf quickly averts his gaze to the other side of the house. He runs and jumps out of the window along with another brown wolf.

Jay chuckles behind me. I look back and saw him shaking his head. "Shall we go princess?" he said as he opens the door for me. "Consider today as the day our Alpha just declared war to the whole hunters' clan.... all for a girl," he added on.

I look at him dumbfounded, asking, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"Come on, we have to go before the others find us again," he said and continues to walk out but I stood there not moving. He look back and sees that I wasn't following behind him. He stops and lets out a sigh.

"What?" he asks.

"How would I know you won't sell me to other hunters? Are you a spy?" I ask as I narrow my eyes at him. 

"I just saved your ass girl," he retorts. He walks up to me and holds me by the arm before dragging me out of the hunters' place.

We run side by side without talking to one another and when we were far from the hunters' place. He decided to take a walk. He wanted to prove that humans can walk miles and I must say he's impressive.

There are so many things I wanted to ask but decided not to dwell on them. All Eliz and I did were thanking the moon goddess for letting these strangers help us.

~~~ 

After a while when we are almost to my pack's territory border. I stop walking and turn to Jay. Yeah, I decided to go back to my pack since Eric's pack deliberately left me to the hunters. So yeah I get the memo now. I am done and won't go back.

I say thanks Jay again for saving me today. "Oh and please relay my gratitude to your Alpha." I smile and he nods his head while scratching the back of his neck as if he is nervous about something. 

"So damsel in-"

"It's Elle," I said cutting him off and giving him a genuine smile.

"Nice name," he said.

"So should I know about your pack?" I ask and he grins at me instead. "That my dear is confidential," he said before he turn around and runs into the woods after bidding me goodbye.

I sigh under my breath and pray to the moon goddess, "please bless him." I turn back to my Pack's border and continue to walk. I avoided all the warriors' curious looks and keep walking until I reached the gate.

When I made it inside the Pack's compound I see Aberdeen training the youngsters. Once she saw me she came running in my direction. Her eyes were puffy and red as if she had been crying, crushing me into a tight hug while crying.

"Oh my God, I thought Eric said you died and they couldn't-" she sobbed 

"Save me right?" I finished and pull back a little.

She shakes her head yes before hugging me on the shoulder. We both walk into the packhouse.  Once we were in the house Eric's scent hit and it was strange to smell him in our packhouse. Ughhh oh please says he is not here. 

Unfortunately, Eric walks out of Josh's office and his eyes widen in surprise when he saw. I guess he thought I was a ghost and he is seeing one now. Suddenly I had this urge that I want to kill him in here. 

'Does he want me to be gone,? does he despise me that much? I kept thinking to myself. 

He coughs, breaking me out of my thoughts. I look at him and before I have second thoughts about stopping myself I walk up to him and slap him on the face real hard. His head turn to the other side and I could my hand imprint on his cheek.

The door opens and Leto came out with Josh. They were surprised to see me there, so they did what Aber did to me. They both pull me in a hug before releasing me. I excuse myself afterward and walk up to my room ignoring Eric's presence. 

I take a shower as it is something that I needed after all the dramas I've faced today and the weeks I had been living in Eric's Pack. Afterward, I changed into clean clothes and sat on the bed. 

Aberdeen came in and she looks at me with worry. She takes a seat next to me. "What's wrong Elle? I know you're not okay...just know that I will always be here for you," she said and that's when I broke down.

So I told her everything.