Chapter 21: Encounter

The tears that were overflowing from my eyes a while ago stopped. However, I audibly try to catch my breath. My eyes dart around pulling away from his touch. I didn't understand his words and the way he caress and wipe off my tears. 

I don't remember meeting him like this but the only time I know he sees me like this was when they left me to die in the hands of the hunters.

'Where are we?' I ask Eliz who just woke up and open our link. 

'I don't know you tell me,' she said in a sleepy tone then suddenly she screams in alarm through our link. 'Where the hell are we? What did you do with our body?' 

I look around taking in our surroundings again. I gasp when I am fully aware of my surroundings. Instead of the bedroom, I am actually in the woods. I started to panic and look down at my body. I quickly cover myself with my hands as I am only wearing a flimsy nightgown.

I look up at him and then around me. My thoughts keep jumbling. What the hell was I doing out here in the woods? Yet worst of all, I'm crying in front of an Alpha. None other than the one whom Conrad told me will be back by next week.

Alpha Aaron freak in Reed.

I still couldn't quite fathom if everything was real or was it just a nightmare. I try to convince myself that the Alpha in front of me is also an illusion. I am still in the nightmare,' I whisper and slap my cheek.

Eliz who realizes everything lets out a sigh. She glare at me and said, 'stop confusing yourself. You had a nightmare and so we slept walk. The Alpha is real so don't be a drama queen.' She closed our link and went to sleep afterward. 

"What are you doing out here?" Alpha Reed spoke, snapping me out of my useless thoughts. His voice was so low and husky sending shivers through my body.

"Vampires, hunters" I mumble in a low tone.

 'Ah girl we had a nightmare,' Eliz corrected through our links. I thought she was sleeping. 'Shut up wolfie," I reply. 

'I know but why couldn't get one thing out of my head' I added. I thought back to the half breeds, from my nightmare. They aren't supposed to be in my dreams as they don't exist in our realm. Vampires don't exist here because we live in separate realms between them and humans. The werewolves are closer to the humans' realm that's why we always clash with the hunters but as for the witches they exist in their realm and all three different realms.

I never met an actual vampire. It was only through the stories told by Aber added to the movies created by humans made I saw what a vampire was like. However, having a nightmare with them in it scares me a lot. Too many horror movies and I promised myself today to never watch any horror again.

My chest was rising and falling as I struggled to breathe.

"None of those creatures exist here except the hunters," Alpha Reed told me sternly.

"Yeah, I know Alpha. It was just my nightmare," I mumble under my breath. Surprisingly his hand landed on my shoulder. He lightly squeezes it which gives me comfort and it calms down my nerves.

My eyes look up ahead and saw someone I thought I would never see again. I wonder why he is here. The reason didn't matter as I am happy that he is here.

"Jay"

I thought of jumping up to my feet and hugging him like those female characters do when they see their heroes. Unfortunately, the big bad Alpha is in the way so I stay rooted where I am.

On second thought, another part of me didn't want to shove him off of my face because seriously I don't know why Claire rejected him. It's not like Eric isn't hot but this Alpha got the whole package making the view more appealing. 

Alpha Reed stood up after seeing me in resolution before extending his hands towards me. I took it feeling the warmth of it and push myself to stand up. How can they say he is ruthless when yet he helps me tonight without giving me a cold shoulder? Maybe the people misjudged him or maybe he's just acting. My poor thoughts keep running around.

Jay moves forward and gives me a bear hug which put an end to my thoughts. "It's good to see you again kiddo," he said, patting me on the back and then leading me back to the packhouse.

We arrived back and see everything is in place as they were before. No blood or bodies was laying around on the floor. Everything was just the same and I felt a little relief.

Conrad came up to me. "Hey you okay?" he asks and I just nodded my head. "I saw you running out of the house so I mind linked Alpha since he was on the borderline" he explains as his eyes still look at me with worry.

"I'm okay, really I just sleep run I guess" I reply, scratching my head as I don't know what else to say.

Things fell into silence and nobody speaks up making things weird for me. Then I decided to leave for my bedroom so I bid them goodbye hugging Jay and Conrad for the last time. When I was about to walk up to my room my stomach let out a monster growl and blushed in embarrassment. Smiling like a fool to the audience hoping they haven't heard it.

"We only have dinner once, if you missed it. Sorry to break it up to you but you have to sleep on it," he said in a serious tone.

And the douche-bag is back to himself as he was described by Jenna. 

Scratch out any line, especially if I ever said he was good because now he's not but just another nightmare added to my life. 

"Moon Goddess, why do I keep encountering these men in my life?" I complain hoping one day she hears me and send someone better to be a life partner instead of these two douches.