Chapter 10: Pillow talk

Chapter ten: Pillow talk (Ellie's POV)

It was past midnight and I had been sitting in this same spot, on the floor, leaning against the wall, staring off into space. By the end of the game, I was drunk enough. My capacity was full, I was done, no more drinking for me. 

Ashley and Nathan disappeared after their kiss, Spencer was somewhere else, Brett was with Zach and some other guys from the team, I was sitting alone. 

What's that song? Lonely, I am so lonely, I have nobody, on my own. Isn't it? 

"Hi," someone spoke up. 

I looked up and saw Isaac. "Hi," I smiled. 

"Are you planning on just sitting here the entire night?" he asked, sitting beside me. 

"Maybe," I laughed. 

"You should go mingle with some people," he sighed, leaning his head against the wall. 

"I don't like socializing," I mumbled. 

"Really? Hmm," he said while sipping on his beer, "Well, enjoy the party." With that, he gave me a smile, stood up, and then left. 

I closed my eyes, and let out a sigh, opening them up to see Steven standing in front of me. He used to be in my English class, I don't know what happened to him. I haven't seen him in a while. 

"Hey," he grinned. 

"Hey," I replied. I wasn't too friendly with him, never had been so it was a little weird. Unlike Isaac, he doesn't have that friendly vibe to him, I've always thought he's a dick because I would always see him messing around and causing trouble between people, I don't like people like that, who cause trouble for others. 

"Ellie," he nodded. 

"Steven," I said mockingly. 

"Can I ask why you're just sitting here by yourself?" he asked. 

Why is everyone so concerned about me sitting alone? 

"I just want to," I shrugged. 

"Right," he said before sitting down beside me. Suddenly, I wanted to get up and leave but that would be a little rude, maybe I'll leave in a minute or two. "I haven't seen you in a while," he stated. 

"Yeah, you're not in my class anymore so..." I trailed. 

"Glad you noticed," he chuckled, "Would you like me back in that class?" 

He's horrible at flirting. Like just horrible. 

I just laughed awkwardly while he continued chatting up to me. After around ten or so minutes of just sitting there and listening to him talk, I thought it was high time I got up and moved. 

"I should probably find my-" I turned to face him, regretting it almost instantly when he kissed me. Within a second, I knew what he was trying to do and I pushed him off almost immediately. 

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion while scooting away before pushing myself off the ground. 

"Oh, come on, Ellie," he laughed while standing up as well. I watched in confusion, waiting for him to explain what the fuck he just did. "We get along, let's have a chat, come with me." He took my hand and began leading me to the staircase. 

"Um- I'm sorry, I uh..." I trailed off. 

"Come on, Ellie." He started tugging a little harder and I began getting pissed off and panicking a little. 

"I said no, okay? Let go, please," I said through gritted teeth but he wasn't going to budge. There weren't that many people down here in this room, everyone had gone out to the backyard and the pool. "Let go, Steven!" I yelled. "Steven, I said no!" I screamed. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes, that's how scared I was of nobody hearing us.