Chapter 24: Friends don't do that

Chapter twenty-four: Friends don't do that (Zach's POV)

I really should at least try avoiding the principal's office because every time I come here he really does just ramble on and on. I huffed, pressing my knuckles into the side of my head, my elbow propped up on the armrest just like last time, the only difference is, this time I was bleeding a little more, and I wasn't alone. 

I huffed and rolled my eyes, tilting my head to look at Ellie. She was staring at Principal Withers exactly how I was, just wishing he would shut the fuck up. 

"You three, out." He flicked his fingers across Brett, Isaac, and Steven's dickface of a friend. The three of them were in the clear. Brett and Isaac, I understand, but how is Steven's friend 'innocent.' This is messed up beyond belief. 

"As for you three," he sighed and looked at us, "What do you suggest I do with you?" he asked. 

"Let us go, maybe?" I sighed. 

"After what you've done, I don't think so Mr. Rivers," he replied. 

"What do you want me to do? Detention? Join a club? Work after school on something? Suspension? Expulsion?" I listed. There's nothing more he can do. 

"Expulsion sounds about right," he nodded slowly, "For all of you." 

"You can't do that!" Steven stood up. 

"Sit down," Principal Withers sighed and he obeyed. 

"Perhaps not all of you... Ms. Hart? Would you like to leave and step out of this... situation, if you will?" Everyone turned to her, expecting her to stand up and leave but she didn't. 

"No," she answered. 

I straightened in my seat and turned to her, "What are you doing?" I whispered. 

"Excuse me?" Principal Withers asked her. 

"You asked me a question and I answered. No," she repeated, keeping still in her seat. 

"Ellie, go," I nudged her elbow with mine. 

"Am I not audible? I said no," she huffed at me. 

"Okay then. Ms. Hart, you have a detention every day for the next two weeks, Mr. Michael, suspension for two weeks, Mr. River, suspension for three." 

"How are you giving Steven a suspension for two weeks and Zach a suspension for three? It's not like Steven did any less. And he started it!" Ellie stood up. 

I grabbed her hand and pulled her back down to her seat while sighing in exhaustion. "Ellie, breathe," I said. 

"But that's not fair," she huffed. 

"I said what I had to say, you all may go," Withers said. 

"How can you-" she began standing up again but I grabbed her hand again and pulled her down, holding her hand to keep her still. 

"Sir, that's not fair," Steven spoke up. 

"Why is that, Mr. Michael?" he asked. 

"Because we both were involved just as much as the other," Steven replied. 

Who would have thought? 

"Is that so?" Withers asked. 

Ellie was fuming, I could see it and I could feel it just being in this room. She tried pulling her hand out of my grip but I didn't let her. After another forty-five minutes of debating, constant arguing between Steven, Ellie, and Withers, he finally agreed to give both Steven and I two weeks of suspension and take down Ellie's detentions to one week before letting us all out.