Flickering Lanterns

It was late night , the violent storm was dripping showers all around, the trees were swaying , flowers swinging in the rain. Daksha was standing out in the balcony of the palace , all worried and frightened. He looked at the sky , and it was contrary from the other days , the lightning flashes glowed in his eyes , and the moon had seemed colorless in the dark.The gargantuan clouds seemed horrific , trying to scare the people. The winds shattered the windows. Daksha felt every drop of rain falling on his face in the stormy quietness.  

A bunch of warm light felt coming towards him

A bunch of warm light felt coming towards him. He turned around. , " Maharaj ki jai ho." said the maiden dressed in silver frock, with a glint of joy in her eyes. , "What is it ?" Daksha would ask bewilderingly. , "There's a girl once again, your majesty, congratulations." Hearing this , Daksha couldn't control his joyousness . He walked hurriedly towards Prasuti's room , taking the lantern from the maiden's hands. As the moment he entered in , he saw the room dimly lightened with sparkly yellow lights , several women gathering in the front. Daksha entered in slowly, breathing heavily.

 , "Maharaj..." came the voice of the Vedya. He handed Daksha the little child covered with silky cloth wrapped along. Only her face could be seen. Daksha took it gently , and looked at her beauteous, charming face, with pink cheeks and dark blueish eyes, with a sweet twinkle of her eyelids every second. She looked so magical that Daksha couldn't draw his attention away from her. He tried to look at Prasuti after then , who was lying in the bed , smiling at his glance , keen to touch his daughter. Daksha handed his daughter to her. , "My Sati..." said Prasuti , with her tears falling down on the little cheeks of her child.