Snowy Silence

The snow from the dark clouds was falling slowly in the peaceful atmosphere. The woody trees appeared hazy in the dense mist. Everything was quiet. The birds weren't chirping, the wind wasn't blowing, the sun wasn't shining , nor there was the sweet voice of Sati. Mahadev was meditating in the heart of the Himalayas, in the dark forests. He was seated still on the rocks just like a galactic mount. 

As he breathed in the quietness along with the forest, the snow covered on his head would gradually fall down

As he breathed in the quietness along with the forest, the snow covered on his head would gradually fall down. In the restful place suddenly he heard a sound of someone approaching towards him. He thought something for a while, then calmly opened his eyes.

, "King Himavat ?" said Mahadev as he looked at Himavat, standing in front of him.

, "Hey Mahadev, I am sorry that I came here and disturbed you but...." Himavat went a bit calmer as saw Mahadev smiled after listening to him., ".....But I am here to request you something."

, "Request? Parvatraj, what can I do for you?" Lord Shiva asked as if he actually didn't knew the reason. Soon there came another sound from the frozen bushes....Parvati walked slowly and appeared from the dark. She looked a bit frightened when she saw the surroundings, which looked so frozen dead as compared to the place where she lived. She finally gazed at Lord Shiva, after which she got enchanted and abruptly grew a bright smile on her face, "Mahadev! ". She came running towards him and touched his feet. Lord Shiva promptly stood up and he hesitated a little ,"King Himavat , who is she?"

, "I was going to tell you , she is my daughter, Parvati." said Himavat when Parvati joined her hands against Lord Shiva.Mahadev glanced at Parvati for a second , then nodded ,"That's all right, Dev, What do want to request?"

Parvati bowed her head down when Himavat explained , "My daughter wants to marry you, Lord Shiva."

As soon as he said this, Mahadev got somewhat angered at him , "Parvatraj, Do you even realize what you are saying?" Parvati' s smile faded away and she stared at Shiva.

, "I know Mahadev, I know....but Parvati 's devotion is not false. She just won't marry anyone accept you..."

, "Himavat !" Mahadev said loudly as he stopped him, "I don't live in a majestic palace and I can't grant your daughter a life of comfort. She will have to live a life of difficulty if she lives with me.Your daughter is probably scared from the dark....and that's all she will find in my life."

Parvati got really hurt by his strong words and started weeping, while Lord Shiva kept on saying, "Parvati is a princess, she definitely deserves a better person than me. If she lives with me, her life would be painful."

, "Mahadev...." Parvati sat down on her knees , joined her hands and cried even more , "I don't care about my life. I want to live with you and that's all I need for my entire living. I don't fear the dark..."

Himavat held her up slowly and tried to stop her from crying. Lord Shiva realized that his words were too harsh and he felt a bit sad , "Devi Parvati....calm down." he said and thought something , "Parvatraj,I won't be able to marry your daughter. But, its fine if she wants to live with me...."

Mahadev said that Parvati could live in Kailash, but only to help in some works. Parvati would pick up the flowers for him in the morning , and would take care of the surroundings and animals. But Lord Shiva didn't even think of marrying her any moment. All he would do the whole day was just sitting, and thinking of his beloved Sati.