Parvati's Decision

She was welcomed by her mother as soon as she reached the palace, which was unusual. , "Oh, Parvati ! Where were you?" said Mainavati , after she touched Parvati' s face.

, "Flowers? You could have told the maidens to pick up the flowers. Why did you go by yourself in the forest? You know, I was very worried about you that I was about to send the guards to search you out...Why do you look so stressed?" her mother's continuous questions stand in front of her before she could give any excuse.

, "Mother, I am fine. Where is Pita ji?" she asked calmly.

, "He feels better now....your Pita ji is in his room." said Mainavati.

, " Feels better?" Parvati thought , "Was he sick earlier?" she asked worriedly.

, " Yes, a bit..., but.." her mother couldn't say anything more as Parvati handed the flower basket to her and ran towards King Himavat' s room. As soon as she reached there, she saw some people got out of his room. Some of them looked like Vaidyas. She passed along them hurriedly and entered in. She saw his father lie in his bed, who was gazing out of the window.

, " Father....." she wailed and moved ahead.

As her voice went in his ears, he turned around and looked at her , "Putri...I was going to call you here."

Parvati touched his feet, and sobbed with a low voice, "Pita ji, why don't you take care of yourself?" soon a drop of water fell down from her eyes. Himavat stared at her rather amazed. He laughed for a second , "Why there are tears in your eyes, dear daughter? Sit down here." he said sedately. Parvati sat down near him and hold his hand.

, "Don't say that, Pita ji. I worry about you...."

, "Hmm?" Himavat laughed a bit again, "No, Parvati...." he wiped off her tears and said, "I am better, I'm fine. I am just worried about...." he paused, thought something and said, "You...."

, "Me? What can I do ?" asked Parvati quite curiously.

Himavat looked in her hopeful eyes, "I think, my daughter, you need to get married soon." he said at last.

, "Married?" Parvati wasn't surprised, but upset.

, "Some of the Princes had asked for your marriage, but I and your mother denied them all because,...we hadn't ask you....do you want to marry someone?" his direct question hesitated her.

, "Why there is a sight of worry in your eyes, Parvati ?" he asked.

, "I...don't want to marry any of the Princes..."

Himavat got in shock , "Not the Princes ? Then who ?"

Parvati gently swept off her hands from her father's hand, moved aside as she looked out of the window

Parvati gently swept off her hands from her father's hand, moved aside as she looked out of the window. She bowed her head down, and smiled, feeling the gentle air touch her face , "Mahadev..." she whispered as the whole surroundings went blissful.

, "Lord Shiva ?" Himavat held himself up, and looked at Parvati.

King Himavat was very happy with his daughter's decision of marrying Lord Shiva. He thought his daughter Parvati' s choice to be perfectly right and so they decided to go to the Himalayas, where Lord Shiva was mediating , to ask him for this marriage....

But Mahadev was still in the sorrow for Sati, and he couldn't think of anything else then. Will this marriage be possible?

 Will this marriage be possible?