Sweet Fruit

64 years have passed....she had eaten the fire in the summers , and had stood in icy water in winter,...she had eaten fallen leaves as her food for these years and was now tired of waiting. But that didn't meant that she had lost hope, in fact her faith in god was getting stronger , at least she was still alive , she thought.

One such day.....

Sati was returning from the lake after washing her face in the morning. She stepped out of the shallow water , back on the cold ground. Suddenly a fruit came rolling from the bushes. It looked so fresh and bright red. She picked it up and kept staring at it for a while.For some more time, , she just kept watching it. , "Give that to me if you don't want to have it." a harsh voice came just from her behind. Sati nearly screamed and went back two steps after looking at the glance.The person speaking from her back was a weird saint, he looked ugly though , and was carrying a dirty bag in his hands. Sati gave the fruit to him immediately and asked hesitatingly , "Who... are you ?"

, "I should ask that instead

, "I should ask that instead. I'm living here for about 1000 years...do you know that?" the strange man said.

, "I'm sorry , My name is Sati and I'm the princess of -"

, " You are a princess ? Why don't you look like one ! Look at your face...its all weakened and you seem so sick. Why don't you have a -"

, "I'm not supposed to have food. Eat your fruit and please go away.." the frightening face of that person was scaring her.

, "That was rude. Looks like you've been doing penance for years. But for what....someone cursed you?" Sati couldn't get it , why was he so concerned about her.

, "No, I've not been cursed."

, "Then ?"

, "Please stop asking questions. I'm doing this all for my Mahadev."

, "Mahadev,...Shiva?" the saint seemed shocked , "You're not eating for years and doing penance for that unusual and strange man who covers his body with ashes , wears animal skin...and who knows where he lives..."

, "How dare you speak like that !" she shouted unpredictability. , "Do you know who he is ?! How would you understand , you don't have faith in him and..."

, " Stop it ,...forgive me..." the man got back two steps.

Sati put her hand on her forehead for a while , "All right , I forgive you, now please go away." Sati turned around and started moving away from him.

Suddenly bright luminous lights lightened the whole region , and a mild current of air came from behind. She turned back , and looked at the view......

, "MAHADEV !" she could only mumble to herself after looking at his glance . She soon closed her eyes. , "It's a dream , its a dream..." she lied to herself , still feeling the enormous happiness.

, "Sati , open your eyes." his voice reflected around.

, "I don't believe it." she whispered from inside.

, "You will have to see it with your own eyes, its all true , my dear."

Sati felt the bliss of heaven as she opened her eyes.It felt that all of her sorrows and pain left from her body. After sometime of watching at his godly face , she came towards Lord Shiva and touched his feet. He held her up soon.As both of them looked in each other 's eyes , there was rain of blossoms from the sky. All of the Devtas from the heaven were happy watching at the divine aspect., "Narayan , Narayan..." said Narad Muni , smiling after looking at her child Sati. He joined hands against them. Lord Vishnu , Brahma Dev , everyone bowed down in their respect.