Chapter - 9 : Tormented Hearts

"May I come in Sir"

"Yes, Roger Come in" Sanskar gave permission with nod.

"Do we have any breakthrough about Ms. Mehra?"

"Sir, Ms. Mehra is leading peaceful life expect, emotional roller coaster due to her parents broken marriage. We are keeping an eye on her but nothing much have been found out, except ..." He was not sure how his boss would react on upcoming disclosure.

"I have my ears for you"

"I believe Sahil Sir is trying to entice Ms. Mehra" Roger replied adeptly, but his sentence drained all colours from Sanskar's face.

"What the hell?"

"How much you are sure about it?" His eyes were blazing with fire, jaw was tightened, he was breathing heavily to control his obstreperous fury.

"Almost 100% Sir, their meetings have been increased a lot over past months, just couple of days back they met at Gulmohar's. Sahil Sir had done some exquisite preparations for his dinner with Ms. Mehra" Roger provided his insights.

Sanskar remembered his latest encounter with Swara at Gulmohar's reception 'That means Sahil proposed her, that set up was for her. Did she accept?' Simple thought unsettled his mind.

"Leave me alone"

Sanskar tried to concentrate back on his Mac Screen masking his face with nonchalant attitude till Roger moved out of the door but his mind was drifted towards Swara. She had conquered all his senses.

'Why am I not able to get over her?'

'What is so special in those big doe eyes that I lost every bit of my wits in them?'

'No way I cannot allow her to be with Sahil.'

'How dare you Sahil to lay your eyes on something which is mine.'

'She is mi...' Sanskar opened his eyes abruptly breathing heavily. He could not believe his own thoughts.

He got up from his seat to barge in his cousin's cabin to throw him out from window of his cabin of 38th floor.

Sanskar stopped in middle. 'Sahil you did wrong by eyeing her. You will regret in your life my brother. I cannot allow you to step in her life. There is no way you can get her.'

Sanskar slumped on his chair but his eyes filled with tears and were blazing fire without even his knowledge, 'she betrayed me for two times but still she is there freely roaming around my cousin. No way Ms. Mehra. Enough is enough now.'

Sanskar tried his best to keep his mind engrossed with office works but his heart was yearning for her one look.

In Gadodia house, every member of family was in celebration mood after attending call which they received from Sujata about Sanskar's acceptance for the marriage alliance with their lovely daughter.

Ragini was feeling top of the world, her heart was thumping inside her ribcage and she felt like the world would be beneath her feet from this moment.

It was after her night walk, Swara entered her father's room.

"Shona you here at this time?"

"Papa, I have decided to accept Sahil's marriage proposal"

"And what is the reason behind this sudden decision?"

Swara was well aware about her father's nature. She needed to convince him for her decision with best possible reasoning.

"Papa, I thought a lot about this. Maybe you are right, I might have some misconceptions about this relation. I accept, I have my fears and trust issues. Sahil has become very good friend of mine over these months. I like to spend time with him. We are good friends, he loves me also, this will help us to make this marriage work."