FIVE YEARS LATER (ALTERNATIVE ENDING)

A/N-  A happy ending for those that don't like sad endings and probably shed a tear or two cause of the last chapter.😓
Hope this makes you feel a bit better.
😊

"Hailey hurry up. We're going to be late. You know how much your mom hates us being late for Thanksgiving." I yelled.
I heard footsteps and saw my amazing girlfriend with killer curves descend from the stairs. It feels surreal that Hailey agreed to be my girlfriend. It's six months and counting, I still can't believe it.

"You're the one who wanted to Car pool. I would have driven myself and avoided you bossing me around." Hailey glared at me playfully.

I can't believe that five years ago, Hailey was battling for her life in the hospital and when we thought all hope was lost, she started responding positively to the drug. It felt like a miracle, even the doctors were in disbelief.
The day Hailey walked out that hospital cancer free was my happiest day and I don't anything can top it.

"You know how much I don't like you driving. I can be your chauffeur anytime."
"You do too much Mason. Someone may think I use vodoo on you. Please I'm a Christian, I don't do such. Just saying." Hailey said grumbling.
I smirked, "Your smile is my vodoo. I love seeing you smile."

"Stop being cheesy moron." She tapped my head.
If you think 'cause we're now dating, we'll stop bantering, trust me you have another thing coming your way.

"Ouch!" I rubbed my head.
"So are we going to tell Scarlett we are finally dating? You know she's being on the HailMase team since high school. Or should we leave her playing detective?" I asked Hailey as we exited her lodge to enter the car.
Hailey smiled as she remembered Scarlett's beady eyes watching us when we went to visit her and Marvin at their college lodge.

"Nah... Let her keep playing detective. It's so funny to see her say 'They are so dating. Or are they?"
As I started the car, I paused to look at Hailey. I still can't believe she's right here with me.

"What? Why are you looking at me in a weird way?" She asked when she noticed I was staring at her.
"Thanks for fighting to remain in my life." I smiled at her.
She shook her head in disagreement, "Thanks for giving me the strength to fight. God brought you to my life for a reason."

I started driving out of the lot as I maneuvered into the main road leading us home.
"The past behind us, the future before us." Hailey said to me.

"Cheers to new beginnings." I said we drove down the road.

                            THE END