4. Talking

Elena's house>>

~
On the drive home Sky would not stop crying.

Once we got home Sky clung to me like a spider monkey.I quickly grabbed her blankie and went and sat her on the couch.Which she didn't like at all.

"No! No! Momma! No!" She screamed when I went to the kitchen to warm up milk for her.

When I came back into the room Taylor sat next to Sky rubbing her back while Sky sobbed into her blankie. I sat down on the couch and she quickly climbed back into my lap. When I handed her the sippy cup she quieted down but she still whimpered every now and then.

"Taybug where is your sister and brother?" I asked her she looked up at me with her big brown eyes.

"They playing in my room" she told and I thanked her.

I just sat there with sky in my lap rocking her back and forth and running my hand through Taylor's hair. That's until Violet and Bradley bounded down the stairs.

"Mommy I'm hungry" Violet told me and I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was 5:30. I groaned because dinner should have already been made. I looked down at sky and saw her asleep.

"Okay I think we are just going to order a pizza is that okay?" and they all quickly nodded.

"I'm gonna take your sister upstairs" I whispered and gently picked sky up and took her upstairs.

When I returned back downstairs Violet, Taylor, and Bradley were playing barbies and transformers together and I smiled they always got along so well.

"Pepperoni or cheese?" I asked.

"Cheese" they all yelled.

I quickly picked up the phone and ordered. Then I went back to the living room and sat on the couch and closed my eyes. I was just so exhausted.

The doorbell rang a little while later so I got up and answered the door the pizza boy handed me the pizza while staring at my chest and I quickly handed him the money and closed the door.

"Come on time for dinner" I told them and they quickly ran to the kitchen table and sat down.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked.

"Milk" came Taylor's little voice.

"Wadar" Bradley yelled I thought It was adorable how he pronounced water.

"Momma can I have a little bit of sprite" Violet asked looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Just a little" I told her and quickly put milk in each sippy cup then poured a little bit if sprite in a cup and handed it to her then took the rest of the can for myself.

I quickly handed everyone a slice of pizza and then I grabbed one for myself and sat down. I looked around at my tiny little family. They were the best things in my life even if they were unexpected.

"Mommy" I heard from up the stairs so I went up and saw Sky sitting there staring at me. So I walked over to her and sat beside her but she immediately climbed into her lap. I just sat there and rocked her.

"You wanna tell me why you had a tantrum?" I asked like I was speaking to a ten year old instead of a three year old because she sometimes responded better to that.

"I wanted my daddy" she responded in a small voice. I looked at her shocked.

"Your daddy?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"Yeah I want my daddy" she said her eyes filling up with tears and one fell so I quickly wiped it away and kissed her forehead.

"Baby girl there's food downstairs" I said trying to change the subject. Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and she jumped out of my lap and Ran downstairs.

When I reached the kitchen Violet was getting food for Sky and I smiled and walked over to get milk for her. Which Sky happily took, she dug into her food and smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After dinner I have them all a bath and put them to bed because they all looked exhausted. Now here I was taking to May on the phone laying on my bed.

"Yeah she seriously said she wanted her daddy" I said sighing into the phone.

"May I've never mentioned a father I don't talk about it since well you know" I said trailing off.

"I know but maybe that's why she's more independent and not as attached to you as the others maybe she's a daddy's girl" she told me sadly. Tears leaked out of my eyes.

"I feel so guilty my kids don't have a father in their life and it's all my fault if I didn't take that job then maybe I could of had them with a guy I cared about" I Said. I heard my door squeak and I looked up to see a tired Sky sucking her fingers and holding her blankie.

"Hi baby girl, what are you doing up?" I asked wiping my tears.

"I had a bad dream, can I sleep with you tonight?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah come hear baby"

She quickly jumped into bed with me and snuggled into my side.

"May I'll talk to you tomorrow" she quickly said goodbye and hung up.

I reached over and turned off my bedside lamp then Sky snuggled even closer to me.

"I love you baby girl" I whispered into her hair.

"I love you too mommy and I love daddy" she said then fell asleep.

I closed my eyes willing back tears when she said that.

She wanted a daddy and I didn't even know who her real dad was.