Doing the right thing sucks...

"Hey, you made it." I give him a quick kiss on the lips. "You look nice." And he does. He has on navy slacks with a checked dress shirt under a thin blue sweater. Everything's fitted and shows off his great body.

"You look beautiful. New dress?"

"Yes, I decided to treat myself for my birthday."

"Are we just going to keep pretending that I didn't just walk in on you eye fucking another guy?"

"Wow. Real nice David." I go to walk around him but he steps in my path.

"Dont make me out to be the bad guy here, Emma. I know damn well what I saw."

"It was nothing. We were just singing a song and having fun. It didn't mean anything."

"See now I can't tell if you're just lying to me or if you're lying to yourself. Because that was definitely something."

"David, do we really have to do this right now?"

"When do you want to do it? Tomorrow during you're birthday dinner? Next week? Two months from now? Tell me Emma when is a good time to talk about the fact that had I not shown up tonight you probably would of ended the night by fucking him."

Its instinct, I don't even realize I'm doing it until it's to late. I slap him. My hands fly to mouth to cover my suprise. What did I just do? Before I can apologize he goes on.

He gives a little laugh. Not a nice laugh. "Whats the matter? Truth hurt? I'm not an idiot, Emma. I know damn well you have feelings for him. Now you need to decide who you care about more. And you better be damn sure when you decide because there will be no more chances with me. If you pick him, I'm done for good and if you pick me then he needs to stay the fuck away from you. Let me know when you figure it out." He turns and walks out of the bar.

"Fuck. Fuck."

Lily walks up to me. "What was that about? Did you really just slap your boyfriend?"

"Oh my god yes." I bury my face in my hands. "Although, I'm not so sure he's still my boyfriend."

"What happened?"

"He accused me of eye fucking Leo and then told me if he hadn't shown up I probably would of ended up actually fucking Leo."

"Well he was right on the first count. The heat coming off the two of you up on that stage was so hot I thought the bar was going to catch fire." She looks me in the eye. "Was he wrong on the second part?"

"Yes. No. I don't know. Fuck!" I bury me face in my hands. "What am I going to do Lil?"

"Honey, only you can decide that. But Em, you know I love you and that's why I can say what I'm about to say. Until you make that decision you need to keep your lips to yourself and your legs closed. Otherwise, you're going to lose them both."

"I know. I think it's time to call it a night. I'm going to get an Uber."

"We can take you."

"No it's okay. Its early and right now I just need time to think."

I walk to the table and get my purse. I order an Uber and say my goodbyes.

Leo walks up behind me. "I'll walk you out." I give him a look and he raises his hands. "Just being a gentleman. It's dark out and I don't want you waiting for your ride alone."

"Fine. Thank you."

When we get outside he asks. "So, I take it things didn't go well with the doctor?"

"No they didn't."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"He seems to think that if he hadn't shown up that I would of went home with you. He didn't put it that nicely though."