Happiness...

Today's the day I become Mrs Emma Catherine Baker. Its a beautiful spring day and I'm surrounded by my amazing friends. We're at mine and Leo's house getting ready while the guys are all at Andrew's.

I love my dress, my hair is cooperating, my makeup turned out nice and the room is filled with laughter and love. The only thing missing is my mom.

I look down at my ring and think while she may not physically be in this room, she's still here with me.

Kate puts her hand on my shoulder and squeezes.

"You okay, Em?"

I wipe away the tear that escaped."Yeah, I just wish my mom was here."

"Oh, Emma, she is."

Millie and Lily come to sit with us.

"I know but it's just not the same." I take a sip of my champagne and when my class is empty I look over and realize Kate hasn't touched hers. "Everything okay with you Kate? You haven't touched your champagne." I pause and think for a minute. "Wait, I dont remember the last time I saw you actually drink."

Lily squeals next to me. "Oh my god!" She starts clapping her hands. "You're pregnant!"

Kate blushes and gives Lily a look that could kill. "Noah and I didn't want to say anything until after the wedding. We didn't want to take away from your big day."

"Oh my god who cares about that! I'm so happy for you guys!" I give her a big hug.

"Thank you. Do you remember awhile ago when you all kept asking me what was wrong?" We all nod our heads. "Well I had been going to the doctor because of my endometriosis being so bad and I found out that I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant. I pulled away form Noah because I knew how much he wanted a family one day. He was great and told me that we could still have children one way or another. Long story short my doctors have been switching my birth control trying to figure out which one works best to help with my pain. And somehow in switching things up they didn't work and so now I'm eight weeks pregnant."

"Thats great right? You and Noah are happy?" Millie asks.

"Of course. We're both thrilled. We're officially moving in together next month."

"Kate, I'm so happy for you guys." I hug her again.

"Theres one more thing." She pauses and then a big smile spreads across her face. "He proposed, we're getting married."

We all cheer and give her a hug.

"I better call Noah and tell him the cats out of the bag and that he can tell the guys."

About an hour later it's time to head to the church so the girls help me into my dress. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It's a mermaid style dress with a corset bodice. It has a very pale blush colored underlay with an intricate white flower overlay.

The girls are all wearing off the shoulder,dusty rose colored, mermaid dresses. They all look beautiful. The guys will be in navy colored suits with pale pink ties.

The church is across the river in Kentucky and it's absolutely gorgeous. The reception will be back here in Cincinnati at Music Hall. We went by this morning to make sure everything was in place and it took my breath away. Today is turning out to more than I could of ever dreamed possible.

My dad walks into the back of the church and sees me for the first time. His eyes immediately fill with tears as do mine.

"Baby girl, you're beautiful." He kisses my cheek and pulls me in for a hug.