I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 4

Chapter 4

 I had been running since sun down last night to sun up today. It had started to snow probably 1 hour ago, and I was getting exhausted.

I walked into a little clearing that had a huge tree that had fallen. I went and laid between the space of the tree and the ground so that I wouldn't get anymore wet.

I felt depressed. I didn't want to admit that Knox made me feel like that, but he did. I knew I wasn't the most fit, beautiful girl but I wasn't the most hideous person out there.

Maybe he was embarrassed to be with an unsocial geek while he was the good looking, popular "it" guy.

With that thought I felt my eyelids drooping

We were running in a beautiful meadow, he was chasing me. I looked back, the sunlight shining on his hair, it making his eyes look sparkly. We made it through the trees and a beautiful lake came into view. I came to a stop and then got tackled by him. He was on top of me and I looked up to see the sun shining over his Knox's head.

The sound of snow crunching woke me from my dream. My wolf went into alert mode. My senses went into overdrive as I tried to figure out what made the noise. I looked around the clearing and there was no human or animal in sight, no prints in the snow.

Then I heard it. A deep growl came from behind me.

I turned to see it. A huge grey wolf with black eyes that showed threat and strength. I could tell he was an Alpha just by his stance. I hadn't thought that I crossed a boundary line of another pack just yet but I guess I had.

Another wolf came out of the trees with light brown hair. The beta. I had to show that I wasn't a threat. I tucked my tail between my legs and bowed my head in respect.

Who are you? The alpha asked with a threatening tone through the mind link all wolves share.

I am Hazel. I used to be part of the Light Moon pack.

Why are you here?

I left on my own free will. I didn't like the people of the pack.

You are a rouge?

I hope not permanently. I am in the process of finding another.

The Alpha said nothing and I could tell he was communicating with his Beta. This is when the Beta spoke up.

The Light Moon pack just got a new Alpha, am I correct?

Yes, Alpha Peters is over 50 with no kin. He has chosen his nephew Knox Laurence to take the title in one week.

Even saying his name gave me butterflies. Which quickly turned to anger.

Knox Laurence you say? He and his parents used to be part of our pack. They left about 2 years ago.

The Alpha spoke, Hazel I have no suspicions about you. I am offering for you to come with us to our pack house and we can discuss this situation further. But let me warn you, I am offering this once. If you deny and don't join my pack, I am certain that no other pack will give you the same kindness to a rouge that we have.

I knew the kind of cruelty that most all packs had toward rouges because most are not stable and have caused damage to the packs they have been let in. This might be my only chance to join a pack.

I accept your offer