Oikawa Tooru x Fem!Reader - Bonding Time

You glanced at the clock. You were running late already.

You were a manager with Aobajosai's male volleyball team. The team had started going out more in their free time for "team bonding" activities. Which usually consisted of going out to restaurants where Oikawa would flirt with waitresses, Iwaizumi would hit or berate him, and you'd apologize to the owners while everyone else ate their weight in food.

Needless to say, you were not much of a fan. But it was showing some results. The team was getting along better, and you thankfully hadn't been kicked out of a restaurant yet.

But since Oikawa was always late to start with, Iwazumi had put you in charge of making sure the captain got there on time. Which meant that he got to come over to your house and change there so that you could keep an eye on him. Much to your chagrin.

And here you were, late again. It was Oikawa's fault. You'd never met a guy who spent so much time on his hair. At least that's what he said he was doing when he took over your bathroom half an hour ago.

You'd been ready for twenty minutes and there hadn't been a peep from him. It was....suspicious, to say the least. But what could he be doing in there?

Finally, you'd decided you'd had enough. You made a beeline for the bathroom.

Oikawa smirked as he heard your footsteps approaching.

"Would you hurry up, we're--"

You froze as he turned around to glance at the sudden instrusion.

Oikawa was standing there with his shirt open, his pants held loosely around his waist. He hadn't even buttoned them yet.

"Honestly," he sighed. "You should know better than to walk in on a guy in the bathroom." He smirked. "Or did you plan to catch me changing?"

"W-wha--?!" you exclaimed. He smirked slightly at your blushing face.

"What's wrong?" he asked teasingly. "Like what you see?"

You averted your gaze, refusing to answer his question.

He merely stepped closer, almost brushing his bare chest against your head.

"It's rude to not answer me, you know."

You twitched slightly. You could hear the smirk in his voice. That infuriating smirk.

Finally, you nodded once. You couldn't deny that even if he could be an ass....he was a handsome one.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" he purred, picking your chin up so you were forced to look at him. "You know.....you're more than welcome to return the favor anytime you like."

And that was it. He'd hit your breaking point.

"Yeah, right, Trashykawa!" you snapped, shoving him away from you. "Button your shirt and hurry up or I'm leaving your ass here!"

You turned on your heel and slammed the door behind you.

"(Y/N)!" Oikawa whined. "I was only teasing! I-I didn't mean it!"

The door creaked open. You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Is that right?" you asked. "Then I'll be sure to mention that to Iwaizumi."

His arms started flailing. "No, no, no! Anything but that!" he pleaded.

"Then get ready and let's go!"

Oikawa raced out the door less than two minutes later and the rest of the night was fairly uneventful. You made it on time to the restaurant and caught up with everyone else. You didn't tell Iwaizumi, and Oikawa remained on his best behavior throughout the meal.

"What's wrong with you?" Iwaizumi asked once they started leaving. Oikawa was never this quiet or subdued when they went out.

"What do you mean, Iwa-chan?" He smiled. "I'm perfectly fine."

"You and (Y/N) were almost late."

Both of you froze.

"We can explain--!"

"That wasn't--!"

"Finally, I thought you'd never admit your feelings."

"I told you that in confidence!" Oikawa hissed.

"You tried to confess by letting me see you half-naked?!" you exclaimed.

....

....

....

"You did what?!" Iwaizumi barked.

"Iwa-chan, you've got it wrong! It was just some simple teasing, since Coach is so concerned with team bonding. You're the one who had to say it out loud!"

"Why do you think we've been doing this bonding? You're distracted, and it's affecting the rest of the team!"

Oikawa frowned. "It is?" Iwaizumi flicked him on the forehead.

"Yes, you idiot. So confess properly and get your head straight."

And with that, Iwaizumi left the two of you alone.

"You're an idiot," you said after a moment. "If you like someone, you tell them. You don't plan for them to walk in on you half-naked just to get a reaction."

"It seemed pretty obvious you were interested. I was going to tell you on the drive back....but then Iwa-chan had to go and steal my thunder!" He crossed his arms and huffed like a small child.

You smiled slightly. "You're pretty cute for an idiot, you know."

He perked up.

"Does that mean--?"

"If you dial back your teasing, we'll see how it goes."

"You've got a deal." You shook on it, but he continued holding your hand afterwards, a satisfied smile tugging at his lips.

And so, the team outings came to an abrupt end.

Except for the ones you had with the captain on a regular basis.