Ukai Keishin x Fem!Reader - Surprise, Pt. 2

A/N: This drabble is off an adorable animated drama one of my watchers on DA introduced me to a while back. It's called A Day Before Us and episodes are on YouTube if you'd like to look it up

This song is also from that drama if you want to listen to it while you read. Otherwise, enjoy!)

Ukai glanced over at your form next to him and smiled softly. Your eyes were closed, your head leaning against the passenger window.

After finally catching up after practice, you had begged to go out drinking with him, wanting an actual celebration. He had refused at first, knowing that you were a lightweight. You had continued to pester him until he finally relented, and you had proven that you hadn't changed one bit.

He had watched with amusement while you continued to drink. He'd only had one, maybe two and those were long gone by the time he got you in the car. He'd lost count of how many you'd had but at least you'd had a good time.

You had been fully awake right up until he put you in the car. And then the warm glow from the street lights coupled with the smooth ride had lulled you to sleep.

He gently stopped the car outside his house. There was no way he could trust you to make it to your own home as drunk as you were. Not that he minded. It was nice having you around again. He'd missed you far more than he wanted to admit.

He unbuckled his seat belt and leaned over, unbuckling your own.

"(Y/N), we're here," he whispered.

"I'm up," you mumbled as you clumsily fumbled for the door handle. He got out to come help you. You shakily stood up and took a step, tripping yourself immediately.

Ukai grabbed you around the waist and held you steady. You stared up at him as you gripped his jacket, a soft blush covering your cheeks. His eyes never left yours as he gently put you back on your feet.

After a few moments of silence, he offered you his hand. "Come on, let's get you inside before you fall again."

You pouted at him before intertwining your hand in his own. You both shivered at the contact but pretended to ignore it. It was only natural after being apart for so long.

"Hey, Keishin?" you said as he shut the car door. "I love you."

He averted his gaze, trying to hide his rapidly reddening cheeks.

"I love you too," he replied softly as he led the way up to the house.