Akaashi Keiji x Fem!Reader - Secret

Bokuto poked his head out of his classroom. It was Akaashi again.

He smirked, crouching down and lightly following him. When he sensed the ravenette about to turn around, he swiftly hid behind the lockers.

His friend had been sneaking off during lunch recently and he was determined to figure out why.

You were going over notes from your class underneath a tree outside. You had just finished when a familiar shadow appeared across your work. You glanced up at Akaashi and smiled. Right on time as always.

"Hi," you said.

He smiled back. "Hi."

"HEY HEY HEY!" a loud voice called. "There you are!"

You started at the sound of Bokuto's voice. You thought the reason he was so loud was because of the echo in the gym. But he was at the same volume even outside. That was more than a little irritating.

Akaashi simply glanced over his shoulder as Bokuto raced towards you. "You found me today, Bokuto-san."

"You knew he was following you?" you asked.

The ravenette nodded as he sat down next to you. "He's been trying all week. He's too nosy to let it go."

"Akaashi!" Bokuto snapped as he finally joined you. "That's mean! I'm not nosy, I just like knowing what's going on!"

Akaashi narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out how that was possibly any different than what he had just said. But Bokuto didn't seem to notice.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked.

"Meeting (Y/N)," Akaashi replied. You waved slightly at the mention of your name.

Bokuto grinned, puffing out his chest. "Nice to meet you! I'm Bokuto Kotaro, the ace of the volleyball team!"

You smiled. "Yes, I've heard of you. The fifth best ace in the country, is that right?"

The owlish boy beamed at his friend. "She's heard of me, Akaashi! Only natural because of my skill level."

"Of course, Bokuto-san," Akaashi replied in a monotone voice.

And for a moment, you thought that was the end of it.

But then Bokuto frowned slightly. "Why have you been sneaking out here all week?"

"To study," you both replied immediately. He pondered that for a moment.

"Well, if you need help--" he started.

"Mathematics is your worst subject," Akaashi interrupted.

Bokuto blanched. It was true, and he knew it. But he hadn't expected such a harsh refusal.

"B-but Akaashi--!"

The setter fixed him with a cold stare. "I'll see you at practice," he said firmly. His tone left no room for arguing. You watched as Bokuto seemed to deflate, a dark aura forming around him.

"See you at practice," he replied glumly as he started back towards the school building. When you were sure he was gone, you pulled out two bentos and handed one to Akaashi.

"Thank you," he said softly as he started to eat. You smiled at him, eating your own under the shade of the tree.

"You sure you don't want to tell him the truth?" you asked after a few moments.

"He'll freak out."

"I told you to tell him at the beginning."

"He would have overreacted."

"You're his teammate, Keiji," you pointed out, gently squeezing his hand. "You have to trust him."

Akaashi pondered this idea for several seconds. "All right. I'll tell him."

"Good." You went back to your lunch but froze as you felt his lips against your cheek. "Keiji!" you scolded.

"Relax, (Y/N). The whole point of coming out here was to be alone with my girlfriend."

"You're right," you replied as you leaned your head on his shoulder.

"You got a girlfriend?!" a voice screeched above you. You screamed in surprise as Bokuto fell out of the tree right next to Akaashi. "Why didn't you tell me?! Do you not trust your best friend with such important information? What else have you been keeping from me?!"

Akaashi sighed. "Told you he would overreact."