kissing other people. oscar

you gulped your drink, finishing what was left in your cup and needing a refill. you headed to the kitchen and away from the crowd. your head was hurting and you were beginning to question why you came here in the first place. you wanted to get drunk and forget about him, that's why you came. you wanted to forget about him and what he'd done. you couldn't forget though. instead you were tipsy and more upset than you had originally been.

you sighed, picking up the vodka and pouring a generous amount into your cup. your eyes moved up to where you could feel someone watching you. it was a tall guy, tattooed, shaved head. he wore a pretty neutral expression, you couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"that's a lot of vodka," he said. you stopped pouring, furrowing your brows as you topped up your cup with your mixer.

"it is," you agreed, you took a sip, cringing at the taste. you wanted to get drunk faster. he raised an eyebrow, looking you up and down. he hadn't seen you around before.

"why don't i know you?" your eyes locked back to his. he had a pretty face under all his attempts to appear intimidating.

"i don't live 'round here," you gave no specifics. you didn't know this guy, you didn't know his intentions. he could be a psycho for all you know. "my friend— she's dating one of these guys— i don't know who. but she invited me."

you wanted to make it clear you were here with someone and not here alone. he nodded, taking a gulp of his beer.

"what's your damage, ma?"

you frowned. you leaned on the island between the two of you, watching him without getting too close. you didn't know why he was so interested but you knew you needed to talk to someone before you got too drunk.

"what you talking about?" you shrugged, sipping your drink to avoid his intense stare. he was pretty intimidating. he just stood there, leaning back against the kitchen top, watching you. "i'm fine. not that it's any of your business."

you were defensive. "that's a lot of vodka for someone who's fine," you eyed him up. why was he making assumptions? he didn't even know you and he was standing here interrogating you like he cared. "you got a novio?"

"what?" you liked the way he spoke. he had a deep, raspy voice.

"a man? you got a boyfriend?" you frowned, standing straight. you wanted to tell him it was none of his business whether you were attached or not but something was nagging at you to just relax.

"i took spanish in high school. i know what novio means," you crossed your arms over your chest. he sneered at your comment, nodding. "i just don't think it's your place to ask if i got a boyfriend."

he wore a small smirk now. "what'd he do?"

you furrowed your brows. you opened your mouth to make a snappy comment but quickly stopped yourself. there was no use in being defensive, it was draining. you sighed. "he cheated on me. i've been gone a week and he cheated on me."

he hissed, shaking his head. "idiota."

you nodded agreeing with him. "yeah. he's pretty stupid."

"his loss," he moved closer, moving round the island that you were standing on the other side of. "eres demasiado bueno para él." he was now standing in front of you leaning one elbow on the counter next to you.

you looked down for a split second. you appreciated how nice he was being to you but it didn't make what happened hurt any less. "you're just saying that 'cause you think i'm pretty."

he shrugged, a small smile on his lips. his fingers touched your chin, gently lifting your head so you were looking at him again. "erés hermosa," your cheeks flushed pink the closer he got. you hadn't kissed anyone that wasn't your boyfriend for a long time. but for some reason you were drawn to the stranger. "your high school spanish paying off?" he teased.

you cracked a small smile for the first time and he couldn't stop himself, he leaned down and kissed you. his lips were soft. you touched his neck, wrapping your arms around. his hands moved to your hips, pushing you up against the counter. by the time you pulled away, you were breathless.

you rested your hands on his chest, pushing him away slightly. you needed space. you didn't feel any guilt. you felt lust. you had to stop yourself before it went to far. "i'm not having sex with you."

"didn't ask you to."

"i know. but i'm not."

"ok."

"really?" you dropped your hands away from him. he shrugged.

"not a big deal, mami," you picked your drink up again and took a big gulp. he was the perfect distraction. he was just what you needed. "you good?" he squeezed your hips gently.

"uh— yeah—" you were a little dazed. everything seemed to be a little too real. this was the first guy you'd kissed since you broke up with your boyfriend. you didn't feel angry anymore. all you could think about were his lips. "why'd you do that?"

"i wanted to."

"yeah, me too," you chewed on your bottom lip. "fuck," you pushed him back, moving away from him.

"hey-"

"i gotta go. i shouldn't've done that—"

"hey—" he grabbed your hand, pulling you back to face him. "he cheated on you. you don't have to feel guilty."

you shook your head. "i'm not— i don't feel guilty. i just— i only just got out of a relationship. i can't do this right now."

he pulled you closer to him again, the feeling on his hands touching your hips was almost too much. "just tonight. no commitment," you didn't understand why he wanted to you to stick around so bad. you'd only just met. "you're the finest hyna here tonight. just rela—"

you leaned close, pressing your lips against his again. something felt so familiar about it. it felt natural. you never wanted to stop. his hands roamed to your ass, and you gripped his shoulders. he quickly lifted you with ease, placing you on top of the counter. you kept your legs wrapped round his torso, pulling him as close to you as you could.

"you're really good at that," you mumbled, breathlessly.