///Chapter 11///

Percy POv

I ran to my mom.

"Mom... How do I put on this tie?" she laughed while I pouted. She quickly fixed it for me. I thanked her, kissed her cheek, and ran outside.

I had to pick up Annabeth. I had a navy blue suit on, while she said she would get a matching dress.

I checked my pocket to make sure the box was still in there. I sighed in relief when I felt the sharp edges.

I fixed my tie, and walked into Annabeth's apartment complex. I went in the elevator, not wanting to ruin my suit by running up the stairs. It played, Shut Up and Dance and that did not help my nerves. This elevator hated me, honestly. It dinged and I got out.

I walked to the right, counting the doors, until I reached 317. I took a breath and knocked. I heard running footsteps and then a thump.

The door swung open and I was face to face with none other than Piper Mclean.

Piper POV
I was in Cali, and me and Jason were planning a road trip, when I got a call from Annabae. She was apparently really panicked about a school dance and wanted 'advice on what to wear'. So being the good friend I was hung up, and immediately called my dad, and he got a private jet to take me to New York right away for the day.

I texted Annabeth that I would help her, but she would have to call me in 2 hours. (I know it's much longer, but for the sake of the story please roll with it!)

I quickly packed a small bag for myself, and a huge makeup and a bag filled with dresses for annabeth.

I told Jason the situation and he insisted on tagging along. And how could I say no. I guess this road trip we were going to New York!

Annabeth POv

I panicked. I know. So I called the one person I could think of. Piper. I definitely didn't think she would fly all the way to New York, but I'm very thankful. When she came she came with a huge bag of dresses.

She told me Jason was checking into a hotel for them, and then he would stop by, to see me and Percy. After a million dresses, we settled on a navy blue dress. It was shoulderles, and was tight, until the waist. There was a silver waist band that opened up into a poof. I wore silver high heels and silver stud earrings.

Then there was makeup. I insisted for no makeup, but she said only a little bit of lip gloss. I agreed. Never, I repeat ever do that, unless you make her swear on the river styx. Piper was going to be the death of me.

After about half an hour of makeup work Piper held a mirror to my face. I gasped. I had simple eyeliner, with a glittery silver eyeshadow. I had a little concealer (I HAvE No IDeA AbOUt MAkEuP!!!) tha made my face glow. I squealed and hugged Piper tightly. She laughed.

We heard a knocking on the door. I stood up but tripped. I hit the floor with a loud thump. Piper helped me up, and then she ran to answer the door.

"Pipes?!"

"Perce!"

So... This is overdue! I promised I would finish my book last week.. but things didn't work out as I thought. Sorry! I will try to finish this week, no promises tho!