28. Where Fillers Ends

╔══════════════╗

"What's the point of something that disappears as soon as it's born?"

╚══════════════╝

══════════════

Often, Sakura would have nightmares. A cold and dark place where she's all alone, drowning and just—

She can't breathe in that place.

Often, Sakura would also see the difference between her and her teammates. Their raw prowess comparing to her was like comparing a speck of dust to refined diamonds.

And no matter what Sakura does, she can't catch up.

Often, Sakura would see the faces of people from her past. Heart pounding, rasping throat, leaden feet, heavy legs, chill air, unseasonably cold, every destroyed puppets, wood, blood on body, blood splattered high end her clothes, special belt for first aids, slight inclination, dodge, panting, glowing hand and Chiyo-sama—!

Her eyes widened. And yet, no matter what she does, her heart won't stop the ridiculously fast beating.

She'd died once. And once again, she lived.

Improved.

It had taken a while, being in a world so different from her own but she'd learned, she'd studied and she'd adapted.

"Akasuna no Sasori." Is what she goes with, and Sasori does not hide his glower at this point. Let her get used to it; he deserves to have someone angry to his behalf.

It wasn't every day you see the person you'd killed in front of you breathing. Wasn't every day that you would see a living puppet breath again.

Wasn't every day you see a notorious criminal who'd killed hundreds of not thousands Of people in front of you.

It made her sick.

And the burning rage inside her is not coming off.

"Ridiculous." That is what he says. All Sakura could do is raise an eyebrow at him. The tension around the two of them was high; noticeable to the point they would get a glance or two from other people. His eyes glanced to the mark on her and his smirk widens.

"As much as I want to say something about that nest in your head..." He says, his eyes looking at her before gazing over. "I'm just here to congratulate you."

He glanced at her hair.

"Congratulate me?" Sakura snaps back, not holding back the threat on her voice.  Offended, she calmed herself down. Nobody here knows that her hair is a homage to the greatest woman she's ever known. And when it comes to her Byakugō seal, nobody here knows that it's not just something she worked hard for. It marked her as a trusted and valued apprentice to Senju Tsunade, the Godaime Hokage.