𝔽ᴀᴛʜᴇʀ

Yeonjun

When we got home, play time was over. We all sat in the living room, circled around Soobin.

"Okay boys," he spoke seriously.

"We've received a request from STB. Tonight there is mafia gathering; alcohol, drugs, the usual and we need to kill this man-" he held up a picture of a man. He's  asian with sharp eyes and a narrow face. Somehow he looked oddly familiar but I didn't dwell on this thought.

"He's supposedly coming with his newest wife and two daughters, remember, they are not our targets but if they get in the way..." he ran a finger across his neck. We all nodded in confirmation.

"Now, Taehyun and Kai, you two will be out of the action for obvious reasons, but you will stay in the back as back up in case we lose him or someone is after us, got it? Beomgyu and Yeonjun, you two will be attendees. Socialize but keep a close eye on the target."
Soobin began to stand but Beomgyu caught his arm.

"What will you be doing then?" He questioned.

Silently Soobin pulled a knife from his inner jacket pocket, Beomgyu instinctively flinched, but then nodded in quick realization.

With that we left, going into our rooms to get ready. I decided to temporarily dye my hair pink. After the process that felt like forever I got dressed in an all black formal wear, slicking my new hair back.
Then there was a knock at my door, I called for them to come in. From the reflection of my mirror I could see Taehyun entering, also with a new hair color, also dressed in black formal wear, carrying a hardened expression. When he closed the door behind himself, I raised an eyebrow, turning towards him now.

"What's wrong?" I spoke cautiously.

He didn't say anything, he just handed me a piece of paper. I took it carefully, and my eyes widened as I read it. On it, was the face of our target, and next to his face was the girl from the shop, and one of her friends.

I looked at the captions underneath it - her name is Yeji, and her friend, or sister I guess is Ryujin

and they were a family ... he was their ... father. I unconsciously gulped.

"I wanted you to know just in case." Taehyun finally spoke, looked back at him, trying to keep my face neutral.

"Okay." was all I said and with that he walked out. I looked back down at the paper, wanting to just rip this paper up, but instead I gently placed it on my desk, letting out a shaky breath.

Don't trip

I told myself, or else she might get involved ... and killed.

Yeji

All five of us sat on the couch, watching a drama, it was 'He is psycho-something', I don't know, I was more interested in this popcorn.

"You guys ... ever wondered what it would be like to be in love?" Chaeryeong suddenly said into the silence as the scene of the male lead and female lead kissing flashed on the screen.

"Ha ... everyday." Lia sighed.

"Why do you ask?" Ryujin spoke up.

"Well I do want to get married in the future, so I'll have to think about it at some point." Chaeryeong shrugged, revealing the tension she held on her shoulders.
Something is bothering her.
So I slowly inched towards her, preparing myself to comfort her

"It seems that we're in the same boat." Lia laughed dryly, all of our attention diverted to Lia, her eyes were glossed over, tears ready to spill.

"Lia, you know you don't have to get married if you don't want to, you don't even have to be in a relationship." I tried to comfort her, caressing her forearm, but she shook her head at me.

"They won't leave me alone about it ... they just keep demanding it, like that's the only way I can be successful." she now choked on her sobs, tears spilling from her eyes.

"No ~ don't cry, you'll make me cry." Chaeryeong pleaded, her eyes gleaming as she looked on at Lia who was trying to hold back her tears with no avail.

Lia's family have been demanding her to be married ever since she graduated high school, even a little before that. It's everyday texts, calls, visits, it's always with the goal of them convincing her to get married and recommending her men. But she doesn't want it to be forced, she wants to love on her own terms. So as of recent she has them blocked on all ways of contact, they don't even know where she lives.
She doesn't even want them to know if she's alive or dead
We all gathered around her, hugging her, calming her and Chaeryeong.

After a few minutes the crying finished and we were back to square one. Nothing's changed, not our feelings, not the situation, but we all feel oddly better.
Yuna had accidentally paused the show with her butt when she leaned into the group hug.
Ryujin started to beat her with the now very warm remote. Chaeryeong's phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" Chaeryeong answered her phone. Her smile slowly dropped the longer she listened to however is on the other end, she looked at me nervously. The other three didn't seem to notice as Ryujin chased Yuna around the room room and Lia watched in amusement.

"No, they are asleep." she tried to say confidently. I mouthed to her, asking her what was happening, but she just looked at me with wide eyes. The three girls paused when they heard her say that, looking between each other, the room became a loud silence.

"N-No sir that won't be necessary ... okay ... okay." she hung up the phone and immediately the good mood fell around us, she looked between me and Ryujin.

"Your father will be here ... he said dress formally, don't be an embarrassment." she mumbled. Ryujin was the first to react, stomping her foot, fuming with anger.

"HOW DID HE KNOW WE WERE HERE ?!" she shouted at no one in particular, a look of disbelief and outrage on her face.

"Ryujin it was only a matter of time ... he's a mafia leader after all." I sighed defeatedly, but in my head I told myself we'll just return here again. After a minute of pulling Ryujin, I got her to go get changed. Yuna and Lia got up with us too.

"What are you guys doing?" I questioned looking between them, they held small smiles.

"Did you forget? We're children of the mafia too, we have automatic invites." Yuna winked at me.

"Oh, am I gonna be all alone?" Chaeryeong pouted from the couch, holding the phone with shaky hands.

"Oh, I'll stay with you." Yuna flew into her arms, the two giggled together.

Lia stuck her tongue out at her, earning an eye roll from Yuna.

We got dressed and ready quickly and just then the doorbell rang. The three of us made our way downstairs, all holding hands. I could feel Ryujin's hands clench in my grip and Lia's was trembling. I gave them both a comforting squeeze before opening the front door to find my father's newest wife who is only a year older than me. Mini dress hiked up, ripped tights, red heels and makeup heavily packed on, smacking on gum, her eyes scanned us with a bored expression.

And he was worried about us being an embarrassment?

"Finally." she turned on her heel, I could hear Ryujin gag next to me. We followed her to father's limo where he waited in a suit.

"A friend?" he cooed motioning towards Lia with an amused expression. We didn't respond and just got in the car, sitting on the opposite side of him and his wife. We didn't look at him, rather stared down at the floor, clutching each other's hands.

He let out dark chuckle as the car started moving.