Found

Dentra kind of looks like this ^
I did edit the image slightly to give him white hair and freckles
(Original Image not mine)

I opened my eyes to darkness.

Like usual.

I flicked my forked tongue out a few times as always the air was stale and musty.

I attempted to move slightly but pain shot through my muscles forcing me to stop and lay back down on the cold ground.

I could feel the iron chains digging into my wrists and tail, restraining my movement even more in this already cramped space. The pain in my chest made it difficult to breathe, every breath painful and wheezing.

I struggled to stay awake, knowing if I was asleep when they came to feed me I wouldn't get anything else for a week.

Although it was dark my eyes had adapted to see quite well in the low light conditions, so I stared at the door and listened intently knowing that I was getting fed soon.

When no-one came in the room I turned back to the wall, checking the markings I had scratched there. I used the guards walking patterns and my internal clock to figure out how many days had passed since they last fed me and marked them on the wall with my claws.

I knew that I was getting fed today since it had been three weeks since last time so where were they? Did they finally decide to let me starve to death? Just another failed experiment added to the files.

I decided I could do nothing other than wait so I attempted to shift into a comfortable position, which made the pain worse so I gave up on that idea, and closed my eyes.

It wasn't long before I was rudely awoken by a loud alarm blaring making me hiss and cover my sensitive ears.

The sounds of yelling and gunfire filled the base and I retreated into the corner, trying to make my huge body as small as possible, ignoring the searing pain and taste of blood in the air as the chains cut through skin and scales.

I stayed bunched up in the corner for what felt like an age, my long 13 metre tail coiled around my humanoid torso as I shivered from both cold and fear.

Without warning the door slammed open and then shut again as a man entered the room, I quietly whimpered in fear and moved away from them as much as I could.

Unfortunately for me, the chains that were used to restrict my movement made a loud scraping noise as I did this, alerting the newcomer of my presence.

"Who's there?" Their voice echoed around the small (for me anyway) room.

I tried my best to stay silent as my breathing picked up and shaking worsened, in the hopes that they would just give up and leave.

However that was not the case since the intruder took a few steps towards me before taking a torch from their pocket.

I quickly ducked down so that my head and torso were completely hidden behind my tail before they turned on the torch and shined it on my quivering form.

I heard him gasp quietly and move to be against the opposite wall from me before he started quietly talking to himself.

"I might need backup, rendezvous at my location when convenient." I furrowed my brow slightly, confused as to who he was talking to until my sensitive ears picked up another, much quieter voice, seemingly also coming from the man

"What's going on Rodgers you in trouble?" The different voice asked

"I'm not sure... there's a giant... snake in the room I'm in and the door locked behind me" the man whispered

"Well just stay there, someone will get to you as soon as they can... just try not to get killed ok?" The quiet voice responded

"I'll try..." the man said before the room went quiet once again.

He kept the torchlight fixed on me and I heard some shuffling noises that I couldn't identify. I stayed as still and quite as was possible with the amount of pain I was feeling until eventually curiosity got the better of me.

I shifted my body slightly, wincing in pain as I peeked between my coils at the mystery man in the room. His blue eyes immediately locked on my own yellow slitted ones and I squeaked in fear and retreated back into the safety of my coils.

The shuffling sound earlier must've been him sitting down as I heard another shocked gasp before he stood up once again and took a few steps towards me.

"Hello?" My shaking became more violent than before as he got even closer to me

"Are you alright?" I responded with a quiet hiss followed by a pained whimper.

"Its alright I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to help... can you come out?" The man spoke with a gentleness I've never heard before and seemed to genuinely want to help.

So, against my better judgement, I swallowed my fear and slowly peeked my head over my tail, flinching back slightly when I noticed how close he had gotten.

He seemingly noticed this and took a few steps backwards with his hands up and palms facing towards me.

I slowly moved so that my arms were crossed, leaning on my tail, I noticed that even in a lowered position I was still much larger than the man in front of me which wasn't a surprise since I'm larger than every human I've ever met.

"What are you?" He whispered, I opened my mouth to reply but thought against it and instead just looked at the floor while fiddling with the shackles on my wrists

He looked over my body, seemingly trying to figure out what I was. His eyes lingered on the markings on my arms and slightly pointed ears as well as my serpentine eyes, careful to not shine the light directly into them.

He then shone the torch at my tail, the light reflecting slightly off my green scales until he reached the chains that wrapped around my lower tail, digging into my scales enough for them to draw blood.

"Do they hurt?" He asked me and I nodded in response, eyes still locked on the ground.

"Can I take them off?"

Project BoaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara