Rest

Lucifer's pov :

I came back from the LAPD after the detective and I finished the case. All with my help of course. I stepped inside of the elevator ans it went upwards.

The doors opened and I heard the tv playing. Lucy was probably still awake. I walked in and she was laying on the couch, sleeping. She never once had fallen asleep on the couch. She always made sure to be in her room whenever I would come back. Probably to avoid me.

I stepped to the bar and poured in a glass. while I was drinking it I heard Lucy talk in her sleep.

'I have to stay?' She whispered in her dream. I drank my glass empty, put it down on the counter and walked over to her.

'Not funny...' She said while I kneeled down next to her.

It was only then that I noticed that she was breathing heavy and was shaking. I slowly shake her arm to wake her but she stayed in her sleep. 'Lucy, wake up.'  I said, still shaking her arm.

'Lucy?' I said again. She still didn't gave any reaction.

I was starting to get concerned as her breathing got faster.

'Please...don't.' She whispered. A tear slipped over her cheek and I whipped it away.

She suddenly opened her eyes and shoot up. She looked scared. 'She's close.' She whispered to herself. She even looked scarier when she heard my hand move. She slowly turned around with her eyes red but, they immediately went back to there normal colour when they met my eyes.

She sighed in relief. 'It's you.' She said.

'Who did you think it was?' I asked with a raised eyebrow. What on earth did she mean with that. Who is close? And who did she think would try to wake her up?

'No one.' She said just above a whisper. Well I know that she thought I was someone else, but who did she think I was? It can't be Ralph or Maze, she wouldn't be scared to face them... The detective not either, Amenadiel... probably not. Hmm. She turned back around towards the window and closed her eyes. She really doesn't seem okay. When I left with the detective she literally fell out of the couch.

'Are you alright?' I asked.

She just nodded her head, not even opening her eyes.

'About what were you dreaming?' I asked. I didn't get an answer. I stood back up and sat besides her on the couch. She was still facing the window with her eyes closed. I need to know what on earth is going on. 'It didn't sounded like a fun dream.' I said. Still no reaction. Her eyes were open now and her hand moved from her knee to her head. 'I get it if you don't want to talk about it with me, but I just need to now if you okay.'

'I'm fine' she mumbled. She wasn't fine, I saw her face in the reflection of the window and she looked in pain when she talks. I again stood up, walked towards the window and faced her. Her eyes immediately looked at me. She was frowning.

'Can u talk? Just say a few sentences. It doesn't matter about what.' I said despite. If she talks I can at least see if it is hurting her. She closed her eyes and her hands formed fists. 'What do you want me to say?' She asked. After she finished that sentence her hand rested again and her eyes opened. So it really does hurt her to talk. But why? And how?

'It hurts to talk doesn't it...' I said. She didn't gave any reaction. I sighed. 'Can you even stand up? A few hours ago you literally fell out of the couch.' She again didn't answer, she didn't even looked up. I was starting to get really annoyed.