No More Suits, Please

-Percy POV-

I was still in shock with the fact that Mr. Stark immediately selected me without thinking twice about the other people who had interviewed. I couldn't even believe what I heard. I had to ask him to confirm that he was, in fact, not joking.

As soon as I got in the car, I told my mom everything who was ecstatic for me. Me, her, and Paul all went out for a celebratory dinner that evening, and everything went perfect. I still cant even process I got the job. I told Annabeth as well, and she was over the moon happy for me.

Later that night when I was about to go to bed, I checked my laptop when I noticed I got an email from Stark Industries. It said:

"Dear Percy Jackson,

It was a pleasure having you here today! We are looking forward to working with you during the summer. If possible, would you be willing to start tomorrow morning? We'd wish for you to start as soon as you canc but we'd be able to push the date back if you so please.

And as you may know, Stark Industries is a professional building, which means business attire is required in the building at all times.

You may come in at 8:00 where Ill meet you in the main lobby as we did today.

Email us if you need anything or have any questions! We'll inform you with more information tomorrow.

Sincerely, Pepper Potts."

Through that entire email, the only thing I really understood was the fact that I'll have to wear business attire. Every. Single. Day. Have I mentioned that I hated suits.

I quickly Iris Message Annabeth and told her about the email. She began to laugh once she realized the suffering I'd have to go through because of those dam suits.

===========

My eyes squinted open as sunlight peered through the windows. My hand slammed against the alarm clock which roared in my ears. I groaned, twisting and turning in my bed before finally getting up after a difficult ten minutes.

I ran my fingers through my hair and stumbled towards the kitchen where Paul was drinking coffee

"Morning," he nodded to me. "Excited for your first day?"

I chuckle before grabbing an apple off of the counter. "Uh, sure. I'm just hoping this day won't be too chaotic."

He laughs as he sets his coffee mug down, "I'll be driving you there so just get ready and we can grab something to eat on the way there, all right? I'm craving an Egg McMuffin."

I laugh, "Sounds good." I quickly finish my Apple before running to change and brush my teeth.

I'm about to walk out of the room when I realized that I wanted to call Annabeth before I leave. I searched my backpack for some drachmas, and my fingers touched a handful at the bottom of my bag. You can never be too prepared to call someone.

"O' Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering, and show me Annabeth Chase."

A clear image of Annabeth appeared. She was walking around somewhere I didn't recognize. "Hey, Percy, what's up?" She said, glancing up at me before looking down at her paper.

"Just wanted to call you before I leave for work."

Annabeth's eyes widened, "Oh, gods! I totally forgot. I'm sorry, but I hope you have a nice day."

"Okay, I probably need to go now or else I'll be late," I said, sad to end the call so soon. She's about to reply but a big crash caught her attention. She immediately looked at the source of the sound, and she groaned. "Bobby!" A muffled sound which I assumed was Bobby started talking. Probably apologizing.

Annabeth gave me an apologetic look. "I should probably go help him. Have a great day, love you," she swiped the air and our call ended.

And I stared back at my bedroom wall.

——————————-

Hello strangers!! Hope you like this chapter.

Every vote and comment is appreciated

I don't own these characters.

-awkward wave-

-milky rose