Time for Goodbyes, Kid

-Percy POV-

epilogue

I don't think I can fully process the fact that summer ends tomorrow. These months flew by so quickly, and in my mind, it all felt like a blur. But I wished summer would never end.

"Hey, Percy! Want a Sprite?" Maya shouted from across the lobby.

"Yeah, throw it to me!" I stood up and raised my hand up, and she threw the canned Sprite over. I caught it the green can with one hand, and Maya was excessively dramatic and clapped. I bowed dramatically in response.

In hopes of having a nice sip of some soda, I opened the Sprite, but to my not-so surprise, it  exploded in my face. I stand there for a moment, feeling the soda drip down my body and into my shirt. I stood there paralyzed.

My friend started laughing hysterically. And I gave her a look, which was hard considering there was Sprite in my eyes. I pulled my shirt up, wiping the now sticky soda from my face and eyes.

"That's what you get for eating my food yesterday!"

"I don't regret a single thing," I grinned. "That was some really good pasta."

Maya throws a tissue box at me which I just barely dodge.

"Wow, Tony pays you to do this?" A recognizable voice said behind me. I spun around to the entrance, and of course, the Avengers stood there. Clint was holding a phone which was taking a video of me. I recognized Natasha as the one who said that comment. I jumped off from behind the desk and grabbed the phone from Clint's hand before he could stop me. "I'm deleting this."

"Such a party pooper, dude," Clint said, frowning at me, trying to reach over for his phone but I held it away from him.

I stuck my tongue out at him, and he stuck one at me.

I walked back to the desk, and I told Maya that I'm gonna do some "work" upstairs.  I went up the elevators which was packed with my friends.

When we arrived at the lounge room, we all plopped down on the chairs and couches. Thor ran for the remote and turned on My Little Pony. Everybody groaned in exasperation.

He turned on one of my favorite episodes where Twilight Sparkle turns into a princess. Even though everyone seemed irritated that Thor turned on a kid's show, they all seemed pretty invested in it as we continued watching it.

We were almost done with the episode when the elevator binged. We all jumped up and started screaming for a good second but Mr. Stark walked out and asked, "Why are you guys yelling?"

Once we realized that it was Tony, we brushed him off and turned back to the TV. And Steve, who never watched My Little Pony before, became obsessed with the show.

And for once this summer, I actually felt relaxed. Which is surprising coming from a demigod.

Tony settled down next to me. And he was about to kick his feet up like last time, but I pushed his feet off. "I don't wanna smell your smelly feet."

"Thanks a lot."

"No problem, my friend."

——