15 minutes

-TONY pov-

Okay, listen up, I didn't want to do this whole internship thing. But a certain someone (definitely NOT Pepper) insisted that we needed the assistance.

Here's out it played out:

Pepper walked in my office. She put some papers on my desk, and she told me my schedule

"All right, at 10:30 you have a meeting with the staff board. At 11:15, you have a meeting with one of the CEOs from Kord Industries. 12:00 you have a fifteen minute lunch break before-"

"Wait, hold up," I raise my hand, and Pepper stops in the middle of her sentence. "You're saying I have a 15 minute lunch break?"

"Well yes-" Pepper said, staying completely still, her face staying stoic.

"A man like me need more than just 15 minute's to eat. Reschedule whatever I have after 1 o'clock."

"Mr. Stark, this meeting with Kord Industries is really gonna help have a ally during trading. And this was the only time they're free for another three months, so if don't go today, it won't be good for our stocks, and you know that. You should be lucky I was even able to score the meeting at all!" Pepper says to me, her face getting redder by the moment. She looks cute when she's angry.

"I didn't hear one word that you just said. All I need you to do is just reschedule everything after 1 pm," I said, waving a dismissive hand at Pepper, and she just sighed and gave a small smile at me. She left a checkboard with the schedule on my desk.

Right when she was about to leave, she quickly yelped.

"Ah, Tony! I realize now isn't probably the best time, But I've been really busy with a lot of things lately, and I was thinking- " she began to say, a small tremble in her voice which indicated she was scared of disapproval.

"Why do I feel like I'm going to hate whatever you're going to say next."

"Okay, I'm going to ignore that. But I was wondering if we could hire an intern. They'll help with some of the workload, and we could help teach them a few things about the business industry. It'll help me a lot, and help you as well.

"We don't need one. Don't we have that guy from, uh, what's his name," I pound my hand against the table, trying to rack my brain for his name. "Johnny?"

Pepper gives me a weird look, "Johnny's the janitor. You're thinking about the guy from downstairs, Ronny. He's only ever been up here to help fix your computer after you threw it across the room. Three times."

"Well," I roll my eyes. "Pep, I'm sure it's fine."

"No, Tony, it's actually not fine." The discrepancy between Peppers tone of voice shocked me. "You don't realize how big the workload is for me because you keep thinking that skipping meetings and not doing your work doesn't have any consequences. Well, I hope you realize now that it does have consequences. I'm the one who has to clean up all your messes, and frankly, I'm really tired of it. So you can hire an intern or not, but I wish you understand what I'm asking."

My eyes widened a bit, I never heard Pepper talk back to me like this, and I was honestly a bit surprised. And all of a sudden, I felt bad for the way I treated her.

It seems like she just began to understand what she just said to me, aka, her boss. "Oh, my god, Sir, I am so sorry. I didn't mean that. I just got angry and-"

I cut her off, "Don't worry about it. I'll do it."

"Wait," Pepper takes a step back in shock. "You'll do it? You'll get an intern?"

"Mhm hm."

"Are you sure? You really don't have to. I mean, it's spending unnecessary money and-"

"Honey, you know me. I already spend so much unnecessary money, it's not like a few more bucks above minimum wage is going to make a difference."

A grin grew on her face. "I really do appreciate it, Mr. Stark. Thank you so much."

I wave her off, and she happily trots out the door.

And besides, maybe having an intern won't be so bad after all. I could just make them do my evil bidding.

Joking.

Maybe?

-------

HEYYYYYY

Hope you liked this chapter with Tony's POV!

-Milky