Poptarts

-Natasha POV-

"Tony? Where was Maya?" I asked,
remembering that sweet girl who handled the front desk the last few times we visited. I had a chance to talk to her one-on-one, and she's kind of growing on me now.

"Huh? Oh, her? Betcha she was on her break," he answered with a shrug.

"And who was that other guy?" Clint asked before I had a chance to. I crossed my arms with a puff.

"Percy? My new intern."

"Intern? Since when did you have an intern?" I asked grimly.

"Since today," Tony said, and I expected more but instead he walked faster and didn't say anything else.

Something about that kid was off, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it is. But ill make it my mission to figure it out.

—————

-Percy POV-

The next day

It was a pretty easy day today as Tony said. Today, I was gonna follow Mr. Stark around for the day. But of course, Mr. Stark had nothing to do. We just sat around his room talking about video games and stuff. I didn't even know Mr. Stark played video games since he had this job which probably took up a lot of his time. But I was wrong. He actually beat me 3 times. Out of 4. Sadly.

But a knock came at the door, and the same people from yesterday walked in. Oh, isn't this just great.

Thanks a lot Pepper who told me I'd probably never see the Avengers.

I straightened my back as they walked in.

"Sleep well?" Mr. Stark asked, looking up in the middle of his Mario Kart race.

Huh?

"Oh, yeah, that's the best sleep I've had in awhile. Thanks a lot, Tony, for letting us stay here," a man, Bruce, I believe his name was, said.

They all walked around, finding a place to sit in the vast room. After a few minutes of them talking to each other with low voices, I had the the courage to ask, "Hey, so what's it like being the Avengers?"

Clint raised his eyebrows at me in bewilderment. "I thought you didn't know who we were," he seemed taken aback.

"I may or may not have overheard you say something about you guys being the Avengers yesterday," I smile awkwardly at him, and Steve just laughs.

"For a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, you're not really conspicuous, are you?" Steve grinned, punching Clint in the arm. He, however, shifted away from his uncomfortably. "Oh, shut up."

"But yeah, we're the Avengers. Its pretty cool sometimes, when we're not getting attacked by random gods," Bruce chuckled, leaning back on the couch.

"Don't even bring him up, ugh, that was not a fun day," Tony groaned, following Bruce's actions in leaning back on the couch.

"I'm going to training arena," Natasha said, completely out of the blue. She stood up from her seat, and Steve stood up as well.

"I'll join you if you don't mind."

Clint stood up as well. "If Stevie's going, I'll join in too."

Training arena? There's a training arena here? Huh?

Tony, looked up at his friends, "You're all going? Well, all right then, count me in."

They all looked at Bruce who laughed and shook his head, "Count me out, thank you very much. I got some work I need to catch up on. I'll be in the lab."