FOUR

Author's Note:

Ha, did I trick you yesterday?

bobbiejelly

All I Want For Christmas (Is To Give My Love Away)

The last thing that Addison Montgomery bargained for was to absolutely hate the game of surgical 'secret Santa'.

FOUR

After having her jaw drop to the floor upon receiving her secret Santa present. Meredith just stands there for a moment appreciating the gift.

She blushes again as she thinks about it.

The panties are soft, soft like her favorite black set that she'd worn to the prom.

They're just her size, and they look incredibly sexy as hell.

Meredith stows it away in her locker, making sure it won't fall out immediately if she were to look for a snack there in front of her friends.

Of course, Meredith wonders who gave them to her.

Derek would be an obvious choice, because he'd have seen her in those panties, and he would get her a gift like that.

But then again, he'd never called her 'sweetness,' before, so Meredith finds that a bit strange.

Honestly, though, Meredith is busy enough preparing her own secret Santa presents so she doesn't have a whole lot of time to over-analyze it before she falls asleep in an on-call room, and wakes up the next morning, gratefully well-rested.

As she makes her way back to the locker room the next morning, she's interrupted by an incoming flying object.

"Catch!" Meredith hears a voice behind her, and she opens her arms out reflexively.

The object lands in her palms, and Meredith examines it, before looking up to see Cristina smiling at her.

"A fidget spinner?" says Meredith.

"Yeah, the original kind," says Cristina.

"Whoa, your secret Santa definitely has a theme!" says Meredith.

"And what about yours, does yours have a theme?" asks Cristina.

'Seductive. Sensual. Borderline sexting me,' Meredith thinks idly.

"More stuff for my journal," Meredith lies.

"Ah, must be into paper crafts," says Cristina.

"Must be..." says Meredith, as she walks away to follow her friend, and then doubles back to make sure she actually locked her locker completely.

"Yang, with Dr. Shepherd. Stevens, also with Dr. Shepherd. Karev, with Dr. Burke. O'Malley, also with Dr. Burke. And Grey, you're with-" Bailey drones on.

"I'm with Dr. Montgomery, right?" says Meredith, feeling a slight twitch when she says that alud, though she can't seem to register why.

"Correct, Grey, go find Dr. Montgomery, she's probably in the NICU," says Dr. Bailey.

"Will do," says Meredith, as she promises to catch up with her intern friends soon.

"Dr. Grey," Addison says in a very deliberate, professional tone as the intern enters the NICU.

"Dr. Sh- Montgomery," Meredith curses internally at herself after she'd almost messed up her Attending's name.

"Would you like to observe?" Addison offers, and Meredith nods as she approaches the doctor with the fiery red hair.