NINE

All I Want For Christmas (Is To Give My Love Away)

The last thing that Addison Montgomery bargained for was to absolutely hate the game of surgical 'secret Santa'.

NINE

Addison slept well last night, a rarity for her in these recent times.

These days, she's often kept up late at night with her own philosophical questions, like 'what does it mean when I dream of kissing a woman!?' or 'why am I sticky?'

After her bath with the lavender-scented candles though, Addison was finally able to offer herself some (temporary?) relief from this madness, and she slept through the night all the way until morning.

"Good morning Derek, good morning Mark!" Addison waltzes in with an entire tray of coffees.

"Well someone had a good night last night," Mark smirks at her, and Addison is so happy that she just brushes him off.

"Good morning Izzie, good morning Alex, good morning Cristina," says Addison as she hands them each a mug.

The interns blink at her several times before they take their respective coffees, thank her, and run off muttering that the 'wicked witch of the east has been tamed,' by some strange force of the universe, and they definitely don't want to jinx it.

"Good morning Richard, good morning Burke," Addison offers a coffee to them too.

"Do you have a mocha latte for me?" Miranda Bailey materializes behind her.

"Sure do," says Addison, handing her a cup also.

"Well, good morning sunshine," remarks a certain blonde intern. "Rumor has it that Satan's grown angel wings, I had to come by to see it myself," says Meredith Grey.

"Coffee?" Addison offers, suddenly nervous.

"Yes please," Meredith accepts politely, holding out her hand for the redhead to place a cup in it.

"I didn't know if you liked sugar, or..." Addison says nervously, her hand uncharacteristically shaking a little.

"This is perfect," Meredith smiles, and Addison smiles back reflexively.

"Great," says Addison, starstruck.

"Thank you," says Meredith, meeting her gaze.

Addison watches as Meredith's eyes dazzle blue-green, and her jaw is still open for a moment as she tries to scramble to keep up the conversation, not wanting to end it just yet.

"Did you have a good evening?" Addison asks her, before realizing what she might be getting herself into.

"Fantastic," says Meredith. "I did a little shopping," she says wickedly, with a glint in her eye.

Shopping. With THAT gift card. For THOSE things. For THAT...

Addison gulps, as she nods along with Meredith, still grinning, and her hands still a little bit shaking.

"Did you have a good evening, Dr. Montgomery?" Meredith quirks an eyebrow at her.

As if she KNOWS.

"Yes..." Addison practically purrs.

"I'm glad," Meredith smirks at her, and then she even winks quickly.

What if she does KNOW!?

"Thanks..." Addison says, her mind in the gutter already, so her voice comes out low and husky.