01 | violent delights

Her eyes met the sparkling glass of the shining window in her bedroom. The bright, warm sunshine glew through her window and left a warm patch on her comforter. She gracefully laid down on her back and felt the sunlight beam across her face.

She never usually felt the bare sunlight on her skin— she never really left her room.

When she was younger, her and her older brother would go outside everyday, on little missions and pick flowers in the field just past the community house that him and his friends built together.
They would spend hours together, he usually brought his friends, Sapnap and George with him as well and she grew very close with them.

After a couple people, who's name Dream would never speak around her— moved to their land and began to band that a new country in protest of the one he created—

the one he created for her.

Since they've showed up and declared war against him and his friends, she was never really able to leave their house anymore.

They knew how much she meant to him.

She never really complained about his actions very often because she understood where he was coming from.
They were the only family each other had, she knew that he would never risk loosing her.

She never really knew what else or who else was out there anyways so she never felt like she was missing much.

Though— as time went on her curiosity grew more and more.
The less questions he answered, the more she longed to know what was out there. Her anticipation increased.

She began to find herself missing the feeling of the brisk breeze running through her hair and scale down her neck, as the sun shined down onto her and brushed over her e/c eyes.
The small patch of sunlight through the window didn't seem to suffice anymore.

After all this time she decided she was gonna break the rules her brother set in place.

One day after he said his goodbyes, him and his friends took off, she waited for roughly an hour then dashed out the front door.
She ran down the oak path that lead through all the different spots across they're land.
She ran like her life depended on it.

She didn't stop running, she ran in one direction, until she came in contact with a large flower field, though not the one she had been used to.

She had felt anxious, the feeling that she had broken many rules made her stomach turn.
She had never been a rebellious girl.

Those thoughts just passed over her head because, finally she felt the touch of the long grass rub up against her skin, the smell of the assorted flowers danced through the air along with the fuzz that fell off a giant willow tree, until it got picked up by the current of the bracing breezes.

The deeper she fled into the meadow, two figures came into view. Two people in long, royal blue coats.
She began to feel an anxiousness build up in her stomach because she had been sheltered for so long,
what if they were dangerous?
Her brother had taught her how to fight, but without a weapon she was nothing.

She walked closer with caution and knelt into the grass as she watched two seemingly young boys play.
They danced around the field chasing each other as well as various animals that wandered around, they found a bright kickball hidden in tall grass that they began to toss around out of pure boredom.