²⁷ To Be Loved

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 8th March 2021, 2:19 pm, IST

²⁷ To Be Loved

"I didn't know what it felt like to be loved or love someone

"I didn't know what it felt like to be loved or love someone."

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    TWO MONTHS. That's how long it had been since Rin had uttered the L- word to Sirius;

    And he had left her in the dark at the backyard without a single reply.

    Sirius regretted that move. He shouldn't have left her there; he should have said something.

    He just wasn't sure that the words were the same as her's.

    After that night, Sirius had avoided Rin to the best of his abilities.

    She had attempted to talk to him the first few times, but he skedaddled from her, running off whenever she approached him.

    He hated the heartbroken expression that came over Rin's features when he did this, but Sirius wasn't sure that he was ready to say those words back to her yet.

    Rin gave up trying to talk to him soon after.

    Sirius was pained as well.

    How do you know if you love someone?

    He hadn't experienced much of affection the first ten years of his life, that only changed when he met his best mates, his brothers at Hogwarts.

    He could wholeheartedly say that he loved them; he would die for any of them without question.

    But this- what he had with Rin- was romantic feelings.

    "Padfoot!" James called. "I'm going for Quidditch practice! Want to come along?"

    Sirius shook his head.

    He contemplated asking James for advice on what to do. James knew he loved Lily Evans.

    Sirius wanted to know how James realised that.

    But if he asked him, he might ask questions and, he might find out his secret.

    Sirius weighed the options.

    Reconciling with Rin was far more important to him than James finding out about Rin and him.

    "James!" Sirius called to him as he was exiting the dorm room.

    "Yeah, mate?"

    "How- Er, you love Lily, right?"

    "Yes?" James wondered where this was going.