³⁴ Out in the Real World

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 10th April 2021, 7:50 pm, IST

³⁴ Out in the Real World

"It looks like everyone's got plans except for Sirius and me

"It looks like everyone's got plans except for Sirius and me."

━━☆━━

☆    IT WAS June 30th, the last day for the class of 1977.

    Everything was hectic, children trying to find something they lost ages ago, misplacing stuff, and tempers were running high.

    James could've sworn he saw McGonagall release a tear as she saw the marauders board the train back home.

━━☆━━

    "So," Sirius smiled. "What now?"

    Eight people were squashed in the compartment, but they didn't mind.

    Dorcas, Marlene, Remus and Peter sat squished on one side, while James, Lily, Rin and Sirius sat on the other.

    "Actually," Said Dorcas, clearing her throat, standing up along with Marlene, their hands intertwined. "We have some big news. . ."

    "Which is. . .?" Remus prompted, staring at them with great interest.

    Marlene bit her lip and blushed before saying the news. "Dorcas and I. . . we got engaged."

    The compartment exploded.

    "Bloody hell, guys! That's great news!

    "I'm calling maid of honour!"

    "Holy fuck, this is amazing!"

    "Show us the ring!"

    "Does your family know?"

    The last comment was by Lily, which quieted everyone down at once.

    ". . .No," Dorcas sighed sadly. "They don't even know that I'm a lesbian. They hate people like me. My dad's brother was bi, and he got disowned. . ." She took a deep breath before continuing. "And I'm planning to get out of that house, but not until I'm financially stable to support myself, get a job. Once I do that, I'll tell them, so it won't matter if I'm disowned or not. I'll still have a home."

    "You're amazing, Dorcas, you know that?" Sirius aid sympathetically. "And awfully brave. Distancing yourself from that toxic family id the best thing to do. Trust me, I'd know."

    "Now that we're sharing stuff," Said James. "Lily and I have got some news too."

    "We're getting a place together!" Lily said excitedly.

    "When did this happen!?"

    "Two months ago," James said happily. "I owled dad about it, and he pulled in some favours with his friends, and lo and behold! We have a new house!"

    "It's in Godric's Hollow," Lily said dreamily. "It's a quaint little cottage, Mrs. Potter sent pictures."

    "Well, Damn," Rin grumbled, crossing her arms jokingly. "It looks like everyone's got plans except for Sirius and me!"

    "Not me," Remus said tiredly. "I mean, I did apply at Hogwarts for a teaching job-"

    "Holy Merlin! What-"

    "My dad is letting me take over his cheese shop!" Peter said eagerly. "And I'll give you all free cheeses whenever you want!"

    "Ughhhh" Rin drawled, falling exaggeratedly off her seat. "Sirius, why don't you do something romantic for the future for both of us?"

━━☆━━

    It was March 10th, 1979, the day Dorcas Meadowes became Dorcas McKinnon.

    It was a small function, consisting of only close friends and family.

    "Are you ready?" Dorcas yelled.

    "Yes!"

    Dorcas was throwing the bouquet;
Lily, Rin and a few of Marlene's friends were waiting to get their hands on it.

    Dorcas moved to throw the flowers behind her but stopped, then turned to the gaggle of girls, and then handed it to Lily.

    Lily frowned in confusion, then she felt a tap on her shoulder.

    She turned to see James on one knee with a gorgeous silver ring with an emerald stone.

    "Oh my fucking god- yes!"

━━☆━━

    Rin watched as Lily and James danced to music at their wedding, unaware of the grey eyes staring at her.

    Sirius wasn't stupid, he knew that Rin was waiting for a proposal from him. He had seen the longing looks she cast on Lily or Dorcas' fingers, her eyes straying to ring shops while outside.

    So, Sirius figured it was finally the time to do it;

    He was going to ask Nesrin Potter to marry him.

━━☆━━

Sooo I just finished 2 weddings in one chapter, congrats to meAnd I've also published the next chapter (the last one!!!!) So scroll down!

And I've also published the next chapter (the last one!!!!) So scroll down!

Kathu