³¹ Doing Good in the World

UNEDITED

Published on 8th April 2021, 3:43 pm, IST

³¹ Doing Good in the World

"Muggle-borns are amazing, they can do spells better than anyone

"Muggle-borns are amazing, they can do spells better than anyone."

━━━━☆━━━━

THE BITTER cold of December had passed onto the harsher cold of January, and it was if the mornings of these months never existed, just the evenings.

Lily Evans was sitting cuddled up with her boyfriend James on the common room sofa on such an evening, sipping on hot chocolate.

A young girl, no more than a second-year, came zooming towards them, holding a roll of parchment tied with blue in her hands, carrying it as it was some prized possession.

"Professor Dumbledore wanted me to give this to the Head-girl and boy!" She said breathlessly, handing over the parchment.

"Thank you, Marie." Lily smiled as James unrolled the paper.

"You may go now," Lily said when she saw Marie still lingering by them.

"Oh. . ." But she still made no move to leave.

Lily glanced at what little Marie was eyeing, laughing as she handed the packet of candies to the young girl. "Here you go, don't forget to share it with your friends."

Marie ran off, and Lily picked up the note from Dumbledore to read it for herself.

Dear Mister Potter and Miss Evans,

I would like for you two to come to my office tomorrow at nine pm. I must ask you not to tell anyone.

Yours Sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore

Ps, I like Lemon Drops

"What do you reckon Dumbledore wants?"

". . .Absolutely no idea."

━━━━☆━━━━

The next day at nine at night, the two made their way towards the Gargoyle.

Lily said the password and entered, James following behind her.

They looked around the room in confusion; the room was empty, except for Dumbledore's pet Phoenix Fawkes, who flew over to them and settled himself on James' head.

"Ah, I see that Fawkes has taken quite a liking to you, Mister Potter."

The two teens turned to see Professor Dumbledore behind them, seemingly appearing out of thin air.

"Professor! Why did you call us? Did you need something?"

"Yes," Said Dumbledore, and his relaxed face morphed into a solemn look, which surprised James and Lily.

"What I'm going to say to you today-" He gestured for them to sit down on the chairs in front of his desk. "-Is top secret, and the information cannot leave this room unless I ask you to."

The teens nodded fervently.

'Good. Now, I called you here today to tell you about The Order of the Phoenix."

James tried to say something, but Dumbledore gave him no chance as he continued talking.

"The Order of the Phoenix is a secret organization founded by me. It is was created for the sole purpose of defeating the dark wizard that has risen recently, called-"

"Voldemort," Lily whispered, her eyes gaunt.

"Yes, Miss Evans. The dark wizard that is known as Voldemort, or Tom Riddle, from his school years. His targets are mainly muggles and muggle-borns, but he kills purebloods too, purebloods who don't believe in his beliefs. He wants the wizarding world to be rid of muggle-borns, and the Wizards to not live in secrecy.

"The Order is still just a small group, but we're still recruiting. That is why called you here today. I would like to offer you two a position as a member of it."

"I would-"

"Who else is in this group?" Lily asked, placing a hand on his thigh to prevent him from making any rash decisions.

"Your previous head girl and boy- Frank Longbottom and Alice Fortescue, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, then there are few you don't know the name of, my old friends- Elphias Doge, the auror Alastor Moody-"

"Mad-eye Moody!" James grinned. "Yeah, I know him! My parents introduced him to-"

"-And Fleamont and Euphemia Potter are part of the Order of the Phoenix."

"James' eyes widened, and his jaw went slack; Lily tightened her grip on his thigh staring at him worriedly.

"My- My parents?" He stammered.

"Yes, Mister Potter. Your parents came to me, asking if there was anything they could do to save our world. And they seemed like promising recruits, so I accepted."

"I'm in," James said immediately. "I want to join. I want to fight against people like him, who think that muggle-borns have no place in this world. He's mental. Muggle-borns are amazing, they can do spells better than anyone." He sent Lily a small smile.

"I'm in too," Lily said. "James is right. I want to do good in the world."

"Thank you, Miss Evans." Dumbledore smiled. "The next meeting will be in two weeks, same day, same time. I would like to discuss this further with you. And I am giving an invitation to a few more people, your close friends- Mister Lupin, Mister Black, Miss Potter, Miss Meadowes and Mister Pettigrew. So please bring them along the next time you both come.

James' eyes hardened and went cold at the mention of Sirius' name, but nodded nonetheless.

"Thank you," Dumbledore said. "You both may leave now."

━━━━☆━━━━

Everyone who hates Dumbledore, say aye(Aye!)Gods, I hate him so much

(Aye!)
Gods, I hate him so much. He's such a manipulative bastard!

In the last chapter, I said that there would be a sequel, so yes, there will, but I'm still working the plot out, nothings definite yet. I might even end up not publishing it!

And since this was a short chapter, I've posted another one! So just scroll down, loves <3

Kathu