TWENTY-TWO

It was the day when Primrose went to Maddie's house. She should've gone a day before which was after the Yule Ball, but since she had to see the teachers, she had decided to postpone it.

She put on her white coat and a navy blue scarf around her neck, letting her hair down. She put on a pair of black gloves since it was really cold and she's afraid it would snow.

When she marched down the hallway in her boots, she stopped halfway. She turned to the Slytherin wing and thought of Tom Riddle.

She glanced at her watch.

6:08p.m.

Primrose then walked towards the wing but she didn't know how to get to him.

Luckily, there were some Slytherin students at the corridor. She approached them and politely greeted them, "Hi, sorry to disturb you. I need your help to get to Tom Riddle."

The students were about to open their mouths when Abraxas's voice sounded from behind her, "Looking for Tom, Primrose?"

Primrose turned around with a smile, "Hi Abraxas, yes. You're not going back home?"

"In a while. And you? Family's not visiting?" He asked. It made her a little bit sad. It's Christmas here right now and she really missed her family and friends. This Christmas was the loneliest for her.

But she smiled anyway, "No rest for them. Still have a lot of work to do."

Abraxas nodded in understanding. "I'll go get him for you." Primrose grinned, "Thank you so much."

Abraxas nodded one time and turned away, walking into their common room. After a few minutes, Tom came out with his black t-shirt and tight slacks.

"Looking for me, Quinton?" He asked. Primrose nodded, "Do you have any plans now?"

He frowned, "No..."

Primrose grinned widely, "Come with me then."

"To where?"

"The muggle world. I have something to show you." She said. Tom was just staring at her with his deep frown, "Now?"

"Now."

He crossed his arms while looking at her for a few seconds before he spoke up, "I honestly don't feel like going out."

Oh.

That somehow made Primrose a little upset. Tom noticed the big smile faded from her face but he didn't say anything about it.

But then she smiled anyway, "Alright then. Here's for you." She held up a paper bag—his Christmas present that she bought the other day for him. He frowned but he took it, "What's this?"

"Your Christmas present. Merry Christmas, Riddle. Sorry that you got it a little bit late." Primrose smiled and assumed that he wasn't going to say anything since he kept on frowning, so she turned away.

Halfway, she heard her name being called out.

"Quinton!"

She turned around.

Tom raised his voice so that she could hear him from where she was standing, "Give me ten minutes!"

Primrose's face lit up and she nodded vigorously. She waited for him right there and then, and Tom finally approached her, all dressed up in his black winter coat and gloves, "Lead the way."

Primrose started walking and he followed.

On the train, it's like he just remembered that he received a gift from Primrose. Instead of looking at her, he kept on looking down, "Thank you."