-13

A large part of this chapter will focus on Sayomi and Sanemi's dynamic, and so it might just be a filler chapter.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it regardless ^^'

--------

"Shinazugawa-san!"

"Oi, Takashi."

That was unexpected.

Sayomi smiles rather awkwardly at him and darts her eyes at the small basket of anko beans they seem to both have their hands on and want.
She tuts and forces a small smile up at him as she carefully tugs the basket from his grip, chuckling uncomfortably.

"Surprised to see you here and I think you have your hand on something I held onto first, so if I can just..." As she attempts at another small tug, Sanemi clears his throat and tugs it back to him with Sayomi's fingers still around the basket.

"I don't know about that," he shakes his head at her, "I had my eye on it first."

"Well, I had my hand on it first." Sayomi asserts through slightly gritted teeth and yanks the basket back.

"You're being a bit difficult, Takashi. You wouldn't want to fight over some beans." Sanemi retaliates with another yank, the pair of them not letting go of the basket with each quick pull to either side.

Sayomi scoffs. "I'm being difficult?"

He gives her a sneering look and continues with the alternating yanks. They go at it for a few moments, never breaking each other's seemingly contemptuous glares until the vendor breaks them apart with a hearty chuckle.

"Oh dear! You kids don't have to fight over that one. My bad, I forgot to immediately replace the sold ones." The vendor says lightheartedly and begins restocking the shallow, wooden box with more mini baskets of anko beans, ending the brief dispute between the two.

Sayomi huffs and yanks the basket from Sanemi completely, earning a narrow-eyed look from him. He murmurs underneath his breath as he takes his share of the beans. After paying for the item, Sayomi turns around and gives him half a smile.

"Well, I enjoyed our mini battle over... some beans and with that, I bid you goodnight." She turns around briskly and begins walking away but is stopped in her tracks almost immediately at Sanemi's question.

"What are you making?"

She gives him a brief glance over her shoulder. "Daifuku, you?"

He blinks a couple of times and sighs, turning his body towards her with a smirk ghosting on his lips. "Ohagi."

She lifts her brows at him in question and bobs her head once, darting her eyes to the items he has in his basket and turning on her heels, wondering why he had to ask. "That's lovely. Anyway, I'll see around, Shinazugawa-san. Nice to have seen you here."

"Where you going?"

With an impatient huff, she pauses in her tracks again. She's just itching to speed things up and go home. "Um, other stuff. I really have to-"

"I'll come with." Sanemi interrupts her
as he jogs over to her side and tilts his head as indication that they should walk, and they do. Sayomi furrows her brows at him puzzlingly, internally questioning things at the moment. They were just fighting over beans not too long ago and he's acting like none of that happened.

"Don't you have somewhere else to...go?"

"Come on, Takashi. Don't be a Tomioka. Just 'cause you're new doesn't mean you have to be a hermit around your fellow Hashira." Sanemi says rather bluntly and that unsolicited opinion has Sayomi gaping at him, mildly dumbfounded.