-17

The train finally halts in one of the railway stations of the district of Asakusa and the two hunters promptly gather their respective swords, tucking them in against their backs concealed by their haori in order to avoid getting in trouble with local law enforcement for casually carrying weapons out in the open.

The night life in the district puts Tanjiro in a trance-like state as he and Sayomi make their way into the heart of the place, glancing around the vibrant lights and signs embellishing the traditional and modern aspects of the streets.

Of course, it's in Tokyo.

"Ah, it's still bright out like the last time but I love the mood." He beams as he shields his eyes a tad from the glare of the lights, taking in the atmosphere of the city.

Sayomi narrows her eyes due to her becoming hypersensitive to this kind of light intensity and sighs sadly at the distant memories of being able to enjoy these warm lights fully, a part of her still reeling in from what happened on the train.

She could've killed.

Tanjiro glances at her and pats her shoulder as he senses her dismay, his gaze landing on the visible bite mark she left on her own wrist. It's not bleeding anymore as her skin is in the process of healing itself but it is sure to take some time to heal, maybe five hours at best, since she hasn't had any sustenance thus impeding her regenerative ability.

"So, where is this place?" Sayomi questions while scanning the streets and pulls him out of his daze. "You see, it's actually hidden with Tamayo-san's assistant's Blood Demon Art but I know where it is."

"Then how are we going to find them?"

Tanjiro cocks his head slightly to his side as an apologetic beam manifests on his face, mumbling beneath his breath inaudibly with his look implying that he has forgotten a crucial detail. "Or not, Yushiro had probably hidden the house well enough this time."

Much to Tanjiro's embarrassment, Sayomi is able to hear his mumble and rubs her forehead, gently patting his head. "Oh Kamado-kun. I guess we can think of some way to find their place."

"Oh, you heard that! I'm so sorry, Takashi-san. Don't worry, I'll- I'll fix this. We'll find them before midnight falls," he asserts as they stop right next to a flower stall and Sayomi asks the vendor for the time. He checks a pocket watch he has on the side and tells her that it's nearing 10. She thanks him with a bow and relays the information to Tanjiro, who begins bowing frantically in guilt for forgetting that important detail.

"Two hours then to find a way. Ah, I'm so sorry for messing this up, Takashi-san!"

"Tanjiro, no," Sayomi clasps his shoulders and reassures him thoroughly, "we'll find them. I mean, who knows, maybe they could be out at this time. Chances are we can find them out here."

Alleviated from the possibility, he prolongs an exhale and nods, glancing around the stream of people walking by. "You're right. But we can't guarantee that they could actually be where we are now."

A hand landing abruptly on Tanjiro's shoulder and spinning him around disproves his concern as a certain, lavender-eyed demon captures his attention from behind, grasping both of the boy's shoulders with a stunned look plastered on his face. "Kamado, you're here?!"

Tanjiro responds accordingly to the gesture and exclaims happily. "Yushiro! Thank goodness, you're close by!"

"I'm out to buy flowers, what are you- what are you doing...here?" Yushiro's voice dwindles down, his grip around Tanjiro's shoulders loosening up at the sight of Sayomi looking speechless behind the burgundy-haired boy. Before Tanjiro can even breathe out an answer, Yushiro hauls him quickly to his side and shoots a piercing glare at the Shadow Hashira whom he immediately perceives to be a demon, albeit being unaware that she's an ally.