-19

"Maybe I can help you, Goto-kun."

"Ah, Kanroji-san, it's okay. We can handle this."

"I insist, let me just..." With almost unbridled ease, Mitsuri props a fallen cage upright on her own with one lift and dusts her hands afterwards with a satisfied grin on her face, the eyes of the Kakushi and her juniors around her seeming to widen further as they marvel at her unnatural strength.

Goto shakes his head as soon as he recovers and bows gratefully and apologetically at her, insisting that she didn't have to do that for them.

Along with the two, female Pillars gathered in the woods close to Fujikasane are some of the male Kakushi and a small group of kinoe-ranked hunters tasked to carry the cages for the captured demons. Each cage can only hold as much as two demons and they have seven cages with them, limiting their initial capacity of twenty demons to fourteen.

Sayomi returns from scouting the woods for potential demon infestations and relays her findings to the group. "I smelled- I mean, demon presence is strong up north. We're doing this fast so that we don't attract more than what we came to catch."

She nearly gave herself away there.

The Kakushi and Kinoe concur in unison and prepare to move the cages along, Sayomi approaching Mitsuri to hand her two of the five vials Shinobu has donated. "Transporting is going to take a while."

Mitsuri giggles and tucks one vial beneath her belt. "It's a good thing I had enough dinner to last me a few hours."

Sayomi cocks a brow amusingly at her as she begins coating the tip of her Nichirin blade with the drug, adjusting her Kitsune mask over her head afterwards with a teasing smirk. "Let's see that last the entire night."

Mitsuri pouts at her and unintentionally studies Sayomi's mask, her sassy expression transitioning into a confused yet curious look at why she is in possession of one.

She discards asking and hooks her arm around Sayomi's affectionately, eliciting from her a giggle she hasn't heard in a while.

They begin moving along their way up north, trying to maintain a quiet yet vigilant hike through. The air shifts as they reach a more open area with less trees blocking out the moonlight, the sound of leaves rustling against the breeze and branches creaking more prominent than the recent spaces they've passed through.

Sayomi senses high demon activity within their range and asks Mitsuri to pick out two of the kinoe to assist in the capturing. Having those boys volunteer and given them each a vial of the drug, Mitsuri pulls out a small vial of what seems to be blood from her breastpocket and gives it a light shake as she walks up to Sayomi.

"Shinazugawa-san was a hardhead. I just wanted a small dose and spent the entire day trying to bargain him for it," a laugh threatens to burst out of Sayomi as she listens to Mitsuri complain about trying to obtain some blood from Sanemi to use as an effective lure, with him a being a marechi and all.

However, Sayomi's stiffling doesn't last long as she realizes that she hasn't smelled open marechi blood before and although Tamayo's dose is gradually working wonders in her, she is uncertain how her body will react to blood as rare as Sanemi's.

The doctor did advise her to continue suppressing any more possible frenzies for the drug to fully saturate in her blood.

Clearing her throat awkwardly, she takes a furtive distance from the vial for precaution and adjusts her uniform collar as she swallows, unsheathing her blade effortlessly and turning to face the group. "Okay, we- we should get this over with. Hunters!"