-14

"Get out! Get out of my head!"

It got only worse upon getting home. The moment she returned, she asked one of the Kakushi to help themselves to dinner with the food items she had bought, not taking a second to explain why she wanted to skip dinner and get to bed immediately. They just let her be as she locked herself in for their safety.

She was lucky to have gotten away from Sanemi and people in time.

And now her quarters appear to have gone through such a storm from her breakdown. Banners torn off the walls, furniture toppled over, delicate objects on the floor and in shambles, blood stains on the hardwood floor from trying to wound herself with her blade to get that voice to stop overtaking her mind– it's only been three months and Sayomi is already being torn apart by the ramifications of her body being infused with the cells of their archenemy.

She's deathly afraid that she might not be able to control it any longer.

She wants to terminate herself now to save everyone the trouble.

But at the same time she can't, and doesn't want to in order to honor her brother and Kyojuro.

It's both a disgrace for her to live and die.

She doesn't know what to do at this point.

"Get out...get out...get out..." She hisses at herself spitefully, tears streaming down her cheeks and eyes glistening in their demon color as she curls up in a corner, helpless and conflicted as she battles the evil within her. She doesn't know who to turn to for questions and if she were to let this go unchecked, she'd surely snap.

From the gap below the door, a silhouette appears which is then followed by a gentle knock belonging to one of the Kakushi. "Takashi-san? We've left you some food on the table for when you decide to get up and eat."
Sayomi chokes back her sniffling and remains quiet, hugging her knees close to her chest in hopes that they haven't heard her throw a fit from downstairs. She lets out a shaky exhale and waits for the Kakushi boy to leave, seeing his silhouette eventually disappear. Her watery eyes travel around the pit of havoc that is her room and absorbs the sight of her looming, destructive tendencies, the prospect of hurting innocent lives making her stomach churn in disgust.

She can't risk the others' safety by staying put at the moment.

She needs to go some place to help her tether that part of herself. Right after rising from her spot in the corner, she quickly slips into her uniform and buckles her belt over her haori, securing the black, kitsune mask over her temple as she makes her way to the ajar window. Sayomi slides it open and is welcomed by the blessed spill of the moon, the light  bouncing off of her lemon eyes and giving them a lustrous glow– a radiant feature she's never noticed.

She closes her eyes at the feeling of the evening breeze and hops onto the frame, scanning her surroundings for any sign of people. So far, this side of the estate looks pretty deserted for the night and that's her greenlight.

She pulls her hood over her head and her mask over her face, concentrating her heightened power into her legs and leaping off onto the branch of the maple tree outside. If there's one thing that's handy about being a demon, it's  that she's able to go over great distances with little to no effort.

She looks back at her bedroom window from the branch and frowns, choosing to take care of the mess she's made when she returns. Hopefully no one will notice her gone for the night.

Turning away, she leaps onto the rooftops of multiple houses and estates in the general area with almost no direction in mind, her footsteps as she lands and runs light as a feather since she's incorporating a breathing technique to make herself lighter– her appearance speeding deep into the night emulating that of a shadow.