-26

With the help of Kousuke, Kotetsu drags out a certain battle doll from its place at the request of Sanemi, as he has opted for himself and Sayomi to use the prototype blades for this round.

Studying the dull sheen of the sword in her hand, Sayomi whistles in fascination at the metallic shine. She gives the weapon a light swing and purses her lips at how light it feels.

"Can't wait to get mine," a faint smile tugs on the corner of her lips as her eyes dazzle at the blade, her expression intriguing Sanemi. "Nice to see you a little at ease, Takashi."

She turns her head to him and smirks.

The cloudy weather is doing it for her in all honesty. Had they parted the slightest today, she'd be done for.

"Yeah? Well, I'm in a good mood, and that's something else considering I'm with you," she fakes a sweet yet closed-smile at him and he rolls his eyes heavenward. He tilts his head to his side as he spots Kotetsu waving at him, gesturing to the battle doll Kousuke is pushing into sight.

Sanemi whistles at Sayomi to catch her attention, cocking his head to his right. "Come on. You're gonna like this."

Blinking twice in anticipation, Sayomi follows him to Kotetsu's direction and her eyes go round at the battle doll before her.

It has six arms and modeled after a man with distinct features. The left side of its face looks like it had been torn away, the eye popping out in an uncanny manner. Somehow, its also sporting some hanafuda earrings. She approaches it and narrows her eyes at a familiar mark on the upper left of its forehead.

It's similar to Tanjiro's.

"This is neat, but why does it have six arms?" She turns to Sanemi and Kotetsu with her brows arched.

The masked boy plants his fists on his hips and puffs out his chest. "My ancestors modeled it after a legendary swordsman. They said his movements were so out of this world, that the doll needed all six arms to replicate them."

Sayomi nods intriguingly, shifting her attention to Sanemi with a small chuckle. "This doll might just be qualified as a Hashira."

Her banter prompts the same chuckle from the Wind Pillar, and he holds out his hand to Kotetsu for the key. The young boy produces it from his back and offers to activate the doll for the two Pillars.

"Thanks, kid," Sanemi gives him a quick nod and crosses his arms at Sayomi. "It's still a perfect training dummy. Stronger but it's practically rusting."

"I'm afraid we might break it, honestly. The kid seems to be trying to keep it in a good condition," Sayomi examines the arms of the doll with almost child-like wonder. She steps back just as the doll's limbs begin twitching mechanically. Kotetsu and Kousuke dash to Sayomi's side to distance themselves from the doll's attack range, the former tugging on Sayomi's sleeve with a request.

"Please don't break it. I don't know if I can fix it well."

She hands him a reassuring smile and pats his shoulder.

"Where's the fun in that, kid?" On the other hand, Sanemi prepares to engage the doll with an offensive stance locked, his grip around the sword immovable. The doll secures its own stance rather fiercely despite the robotic twitching earlier.

"Shinazugawa, come on," Sayomi sighs profoundly and they watch him take on the doll.

Kotetsu's right. It's movements appear to be on another level. There are a few, minor malfunctions in between due to the rust but they are hardly noticeable.
Sanemi's skill matches the doll's perfectly and he looks untouchable as he engages in a lethal duel with it, both of their movements blinding.