-10

After a few treats of tempura, few by Mitsuri's standards at least, and a brief report to the police about the girls' freedom from captivity, the two girls have returned to their respective estates just before the break of dawn and Sayomi falls onto the hardwood floor from the night's events. They are to report their mission's success in the morning to the Ubuyashikis, however,   Mitsuri has volunteered to report it on her own just to give Sayomi a little respite, which is considerate of her even without Sayomi asking.

She gets up and unbuckles her belt, dropping it on the floor along with her sword rather than placing it neatly someplace else as she approaches the closed window. She slides it open and takes a long, hard look at the horizon, the sun's corona slowly appearing as morning approaches.

She will never get to bask in warm sunlight ever again as she is confined to gazing at it from a shaded area.

How long can I keep this up...?

She is at least thankful that most missions are carried out during the night and that can give her an excuse to limit her presence outside during clear, sunny days, in hopes that she doesn't make it too suspicious. As sunlight begins to manifest across the land, Sayomi immediately grabs onto the window frame to slide it close and yet pauses, wondering how sunlight would actually feel on a tiny portion of her skin.

Perhaps it might just feel like a fire ant bite.

Or someone pinching her skin.

She swallows the lump in her throat, trying to dismiss any more outlandish possibilities as she carefully prods her forefinger into the ray of sunlight passing through the still open gap of the window, smoke beginning to emanate as her skin feels as though it is being dripped on with hot, cooking oil.

"Agh!" She swiftly withdraws her hand and clutches it tight with a pained hiss, slamming the window shut as she leans flat against the wall.

She knew it. Of course it would hurt like that.

She slides down onto the floor and huffs in absolute dismay, hugging her knees to her chest as she cranes her head low.

What is she going to do...?

~°~°~°

"It's freezing! How are you that crazy to drag me out to train under the rain?!" Complained a certain golden-haired boy who has been hauled outside against his will by Inosuke, who is eager to practice on a fairly stormy day.

"Stop yapping and start moving, Monitsu," Inosuke once again butchers Zenitsu's name as he gets ahold of the ends of ropes that have been secured around two, massive rocks, and thrown over a sturdy branch to serve as weights.

Zenitsu stares at the hyperactive boar-boy with a peeved expression and smacks his forehead. "We might get sick, you nut. Then how are we supposed to move?"

Inosuke merely responds with a smack to the back of Zenitsu's head, asserting in an exaggerated manner as the latter irritatingly rubs the afflicted spot. "It's to develop resistance and adapt!"

"You could've said so before pulling me out of bed and outside with no explanation!"

"Morning! Is Shinobu arou- oh." The two boys' near, petty brawl is interrupted by Sayomi who is every bit as drenched as they are from being caught up in the rain on her way to the Butterfly mansion. Zenitsu quickly takes action and grabs her wrist, leading her underneath the roof of the porch much to her surprise.

"Takashi-san, right? You could get sick."
Zenitsu asserts in his most typical way possible when it comes to girls.

Sayomi chuckles and reassures him. "I'll be fine. Rain caught up with me on the way. How about you boys? What were you doing arguing under the rain?"