Chapter 1: Bad Day

Chapter 1

Bad Day

-

Kate

"Research all the topics that I have listed on the board and I want all of it to be placed on my table before I arrived. Got it? Class dismissed." Mr. Reed said. He was our English teacher. Strict and pain in the neck.

The sad truth is, I never really liked to move to this school, especially now that I'm a senior. I should've been in my old school with my old buddies and celebrating the last year of our high school life and yet, I'm here. New classmates who I don't even know and doesn't give a fuck about those people that will be a waste of their time. It’s been two weeks and nothing has even changed, I’m still alone. No friends to talk to or even hang out with. All I do was get up, go to school, go home, be bored and repeat the same routine all over again. Everything that I once have was turned into something that is unexpected.

To be honest, I'm really a talkative person, but it seems like every time I make friends with someone or with my seatmate they stare at me and ignored me at the same time as if I'm some kind of weirdo. If I’m a weirdo, my parents should have thrown me or sent me in an orphanage. Maybe they don’t like me that much. People in this school are so judgmental. I mean, I looked normal and I don’t look like shit.

There was this one time when I open up a conversation with the red head girl who was seated beside me in our chemistry class. I asked her if we could hang out sometime and I want to be friends with her since I’m new to this school. She just gave me a blank look and took her mirror and starts putting on her lipstick. She didn’t even spoke at least one word. I just humiliated myself in front of her. Doesn’t she know that? Well, sorry for being friendly. What I really hate the most was being ignored when obviously, I’m here.

I have many encounters and times that I’m always the one who starts with the conversation and still, I ended up being the weirdo. Weirdo and alone. I wasn’t even like this in my old school. I was entitled as the friendly, easy going and reliable friend, but now? All of it just vanished in the thin air. What did I ever do wrong? Have I done anything wrong in my past life for me to deserve this? I didn’t think so. I don’t want this to be my life. Can I just go back to the part when I was once were. If only my mom gave me the chance to make a decision for myself. Why does she have to punish me in to something that I know that I didn’t even do anything?

Enough about that, all those depressing aura is going to kill me any second now. And I can’t even bare it anymore. Let me introduced myself, my name is Kate Hughes. The girl with the straight blonde hair, average type of body (I’m not thin nor fat), rosy cheeks, deep blue eyes with the perfect dimples. That’s what my friends in my old school describe me. Talent? I love to write and draw sketches. That’s my hobby and I love doing it. With that kind of talent, I’m thinking of taking the course of architecture or cartoonist will be nice. Whatever, I still have a time to think and I know that whatever path that I would take, I promise not to take the course that my mother took that ended up her marriage in the same time, the bond with her daughter that once was so strong that no one can ever break it.

Before I go home, I tend to hang out at the garden of the school that I’m studying in right now. I find this place amazing and quiet useful because not even a student except me steps in this place. It helps me to take my mind off things. I draw my sketches there and I feel like I’m in my own peaceful little world. Every troubles that I’m facing and the sad part about my life was like completely gone in just one blow. I started to draw sketches when I was seven and it was all because of my father. He sketch sometimes and he teach me how to. I missed him so much, I just wished that he was here.