Chapter 21: Accidents and Problems

Kate

I let out a heavy breath before trying to get a hold of the door of my side of the car. Dylan stops the engine and started taking his key out. He gives me an assuring smile before he started to pat my other hand that is placed on my lap.

"Everything will be okay." He said. He gave me a quick nod with his half smile plastered on his lips. Everything that I'm seeing right now is not what I wanted to see. The reality of my father being at the hospital because he was shot and that I'm here at the parking lot with Dylan and he happen to be worried about me which I don't want him to be thinking about. I get out of the car as soon as Dylan took a step out on his side.

My mother text me a while ago, she told me that they are the room 303. She told me that operation is already done and dad has to be admitted on a private room. She told me that she was okay but he still hasn't woke up yet and that makes me worried because what the doctor told to my mom is that my father has lost a large amount of blood and that it would be critical. I don't want to hear these things. It just makes my heart in pain.

Dylan made his way beside me and takes a hold of my shaking hands. We started walking towards the entrance of the hospital. When we manage to get in, my heart is rapidly shaking and there is nothing to make me calm down. Even Dylan's presence isn't even helping either. I just wanted to see my father and to be able to know that he's fine and that he is awake. I don't care about anything else, I just wanted to see my father in a good state of condition.

Dylan pressed the button of the elevator and we both entered silently when it opened. I and Dylan haven't been exchanging talks after I told him the message that my mother sent me when we are in an hour a way to the city.

"303." I said in a soft tone of voice. When we are the third floor of the building, Dylan managed to guide us to the right room.

"Do you want me to go with you or should I just wait for you out here?" Dylan asks with his hand still clasped on mine.

I shake my head in a disapproving way, "I want you to come with me but I don't want to cause another problem. I can't explain right now but I will call you in when I managed to talk to mom. Okay?" I didn't smile nor did I frown. My emotion is just simply serious and with a mixture of blank. I wanted Dylan to come with me but I'm afraid of what horrible things that my mother will utter. She doesn't know that I have a boyfriend and she doesn't want me having one either. I don't also don't want to hide anything from her either so I just have to talk to her after checking on my father.

Dylan started wrapping his arms around me, "Okay. Be strong. Everything will be okay." His words helps get rid some of the heavy feeling that I have in my chest. I wanted to cry again, to be able to let out the feelings that I have piling up inside me but I don't want him to be worried about me. He slowly lets me go and I just turn around and slowly twisted the door knob and push the door in front of me.

My mother has her head rested on the small space of the bed that my father is occupying. She sounds asleep. My father is on the other hand, have the dextrose connected on the vein of his hand and he also has been taking up oxygen on the tank. I swallow the lump on my throat and silently closed the door behind me to prevent a noise from being heard.

I slowly walk towards my sleeping father and take a hold of his hand. Tears started escaping out of my eyes, I don't want this. I want him to wake up, to be okay again. My mother's sleeping figure has her hand placed on the other hand of my father. They are separated, but it's obvious that my mother still loves him despite the fact of her, wanting me to stay away from my father. I can't understand my mother as to why she usually acts that way but then I came up to this conclusion that she was hurt of having to break up with dad that she tried to cut every connection that I and she have with him. But why didn't they just let it work. If they truly love each other and me, they should have tried.