Chapter 22 - Spaces

Kate

My mother is insane. Well not literally. It's just that I can't really understand her. I don't know what's wrong with Dylan that makes her not accept him. It's not like they met before and she totally know everything about him. I'm already on my legal age and I'm allowed to date or have a guy who I can have a relationship. But the only problem is her. My mother who I don't really understand at all doesn't really make me understand why she doesn't want Dylan to be my boyfriend.

After the confrontation that we had on the room where my father is admitted, my mother told me to run along and get some food to eat. She didn't comment on our relationship any longer and just plainly told us that she doesn't approve of our relationship. I and Dylan are headed on his car which is parked on the parking lot. He didn't spoke a word about it and neither am I. His hands are just buried on his pockets and his face is serious. As if you can't even make him smile even if you tried to pull a prank on him. That is how serious he was. Well, I can't blame him. My mother and he haven't spent like an hour and my mother doesn't like him already.

"Dylan." I called out his name and stop walking. He didn't stop walking and continues to ignore me.

"Dylan, I'm talking to you." I said. This time my voice is a little higher compared before.

He stops walking and turn his head to look at me, "We should really be going now. Your mother asked us to buy her some food to eat." He turns his head back to the original position and then he started walking.

I rolled my eyes in irritation and hurriedly made my way towards him. I grab his arm to stop him from walking, "Could you just hear me out?" I said aggressively.

"There is nothing that we need to talk about Kate. Let's just get in my car." He said calmly. But deep inside, I can feel the hidden emotions that he was trying to hide from me.

"Are you just going to let my mother speak to us that way? You haven't met before and I know that it will eventually change and maybe soon, she'll like you. Let's just not give up. About you know us." I take a hold both of his hands and fixed my eyes on him.

He avoided eye contact, "Kate, I don't want to say this but, what are we really? Do you really think that our relationship will work out? Do you think that we could really make it? I don't really know anymore. I'm confused, mad and I don't know tired maybe?" He stares down at his feet.

I tighten my grip on his hands, "What are you saying? I love you and you love me. There's nothing more to think about. It's not like I'll be under my mother forever that we can't be in a relationship. And besides, my father told me that he's fine with our relationship."

He lets go off my hands, "The love is just not enough Kate. Maybe your mother is right, that I am not really suitable for you. You're perfect and I'm really thankful for having a girl like you with me but I think that I'm not really fitted for you. I'm a playboy before and I'm a troublemaker. I have never done anything good with my life and that's the reason at first that's why you're avoiding me in the first place. I'm no good for you Kate, that's why maybe, I think we should—" He stares at my eyes. I can feel my heart aching with the words that he starts to throw to me.

"What Dylan? What should we do? Break up? Are you kidding me? Are you going to give up just because of what my mother told us? I'm not perfect, no one's perfect. And I'm also thankful for having a guy like you. You're right, you were a playboy before and that is the reason as to why I avoided you at first but look at us now, you changed and that is because we love each other. I don't care about your background or what you were before, what really matter is we love each other and no one can break us apart. So please, stop it." Tears started to escape from my eyes and he wipes them with the use of his hands.