Chapter 15: Intensity

( Note: Contains mature content but not highly mature. Anyway, enjoy reading! =) )

Kate

I don't want this day to end. Those are the exact words that are running inside my head when I was with my father, having our father-daughter bonding time. When we reached the house, I saw Dylan on our porch. I wasn't expecting him to visit because I mean, I didn't even called him or told him to come. I'm a little nervous of what my father would say but good thing that it turned out well. The thing that bugs me though is the fact that my father invited Dylan next weekend. Things will be a lot of awkward next week and I pray that nothing bad is going to happen.

"So, I'll be going now." Dylan said.

I escaped from the thoughts that are running inside this unpredictable head of mine and turn to look at Dylan when he said that he is going to leave. "You don't want to eat or at least drink something before you leave?" I ask.

"No thank you. I mean, I don't want to be a bother." He scratches the back of his neck, "See you then." He gave me his weak smile that made it obvious for me that something is bugging him.

I take a hold of his wrist when he was about to take a step towards his car, "No, you wouldn't be a bother." He turns his head, "I insist."

"Okay then." He said while avoiding eye contact.

I open the front door with the use of the spare keys that my mother gave me last week. Good thing she gave me one because I don't want to wait for her outside if ever she decided to go home late. I went inside and he followed as I took my step in.

"Nice house." He said.

"Yeah right, but I think that I prefer to live in an apartment of my own." I replied to his nice compliment.

I wanted to have an apartment of my own because with the looks of things, it's like I'm the only one who's living here. When my mother arrived home, she usually stays at her room. It's either she'll get herself to sleep or do some paper works while her laptop is placed beside her. In a day, I could say that she stays in the house for a couple of hours. It's seldom to see her cook or at least clean the house. She loves her work that it is pretty much obvious.

My mother wasn't really like this before, she just changed when she decided to get a job again. I think she quitted her job when she was in labor and then when I reached my first year of high school, she decided to take a job again and when she finally have it, everything has changed. She had forgotten the fact that she have a daughter and a husband. I miss my mother but thinking about how she focuses herself on her work and how that work separated this family made me angry and the fact that the love I have for her is turning into nothing but hate.

"You could live with me if you want." He said.

I wasn't surprised of what he was going to say because he's the kind of guy who tends to joke at little things and it's seldom that he fails to put a smile on someone's face.

When I turn my head to face him, he have this amused look all over his face.

"Sure." I replied. Two can play at that game.