Chapter 11: Troublemaker

Kate

I tuck some few strands of my hair behind my ear as I stare myself in the mirror. My lips are pale and I decided to put some lip gloss on. I don’t like putting something on my face and when I do, it’s seldom. I’m at the comfort room, good thing our professor allowed me because he seldom allow some of his students to go out. Trust issues maybe? A while back, someone asked his permission to go out because he needs to go to the comfort room and later on, our professor saw the student outside of the building and he’s smoking. That’s the reason why he’s strict about students going out.

I closed my eyes and take a deep breathe, “Kate, you can do this. We still have three weeks before the month ends. And after that, everything will be back to normal.” I said to myself.

I can’t believe that I’m doing this. Why the hell did I even agreed on doing this? If I can turn back time, if only I can. If there’s a time machine, I’ll go back to the time when he asks for my jacket and I’ll tell him that I don’t allow strangers borrowing my jacket, after that I’ll go out of the convenience store and forget that we met. If only there’s a time machine but sorry to say, we still don’t have one.

Fingers cross, hoping that the coming days will turn out to be well and this will be over with. I can’t wait for it to end. I opened my eyes, going back to reality.

“I can do this.” I said.

I went out of the comfort room and head back to class, I saw our professor look at me and I knew that he was just checking. I sat down my chair and I was surprised to see a note placed on my desk. Whatever this is, please be good.

I unfolded the piece of paper and take a look whatever is written on it.

“So, you’re really Dylan’s girlfriend? Been so long since he have one, again.”

It wasn’t so bad at all but I can’t help but to be curious whoever it was. I roam my eyes around the room and check to see whoever wrote this and in my sight, I saw a guy looking at me with a smile forming unto his lips. He was just seated two seats away from me.

He gave me his playful wink and I decided to get back to the letter. Is he the one who wrote the letter?

I took my pen out of my pocket and started writing, “What do you mean it’s been a long time since he have one and what’s with those looks?”

I handed the letter to the guy beside me and he passed it on the guy who gave me his playful winks and weird smiles a while ago.

After some minutes, the paper was handed back to me again.

“If you want to know, let’s hang out after school.”

I don’t know if what he’s saying is true or he’s just messing with me. Why will he share such information like that? He doesn’t even know me and what is his benefit from telling me those things? What is he even planning to do? There are many things inside my head, again. I’m avoiding thinking too much but I can’t help but to ask things that’s confusing to me.

“How can I trust you? You don’t even know me.”

I handed the paper to the guy beside me and he passed it on the guy again. I’m glad the guy beside me isn’t irritated because of the passing of the paper over and over again.

“Well, we can work on that. Trust me, I’m not some kind of person who manipulates or uses people. I don’t intend on doing that. Just wanted to be friends with Dylan’s girlfriend. Name’s Marc.”