Chapter 26: Heartwarming

Kate

"You seem to be in a good mood." Beth examines my face in a very curious way. I smiled at her widely, wide enough to show my small white teeth.

"Can't I be happy?" I questioned as I slam the door of my locker after taking my history book.

She pats my shoulder, "Of course you should be happy. It's just that, the way you look right now is very unlikely and I wanted to know what's the meaning behind it."

I grinned, "Let's just attend our history class and the thing about me later."

She eyed at me weirdly, "Can you just say it now as we walk to our next class?"

I stick my tongue out and pretended that I didn't heard what she had asked me.

--

"That was easy." Ryan sits down at the chair in front of me. We're in the cafeteria, taking our lunch break. It was only I and Beth that is seated on the table that we usually share until Ryan comes along with an expression that I couldn't even depicter.

Beth places her water bottle on the table after she takes a drink, "What do you mean by that?"

"Do you remember the time Kate told us that she and Dylan aren't together because they decided to start all over again thing?" He paused for a while and showed me his smirk, "Well I heard that Dylan stayed at her house last night and they are already together." He slams his fist on the table with a grin forming on his lips.

"What?!" Beth spat out. She eyed at me widely and came to look at Ryan again.

"So it only took the two of you to have a romantic night together to make you be his girlfriend." Austin sits beside Beth.

"It wasn't a romantic night and he decided this on his own—" I was cut off by Beth, "So you two did that sexual thing and eventually got back together? I thought you're going to make it hard for him?!" She retorted.

I get it. What they thought was I and Dylan did something sexual and eventually got back together where in truth, we just spend the time together on my room, watching a movie and Dylan having this baby talk on me that eventually made us back together. They got it all wrong. It doesn't mean that I him staying at my place already means that we did something inappropriate.

I could feel my cheeks turning red because of embarrassment. "It's not that! Nothing happened!" I retorted.

Ryan hissed, "It's okay, we don't care if you two really did it. I just wanted you to know that we're happy for you."

Beth argued, "It matters to me though."

"Well I didn't do it. We didn't do it!" I protested.

"Sure you didn't." Austin intervened.

I snorted, "Are you joking me?!" I rolled my eyes in irritation, "Just hold on for a minute, what did Dylan exactly told you?" I turn my gaze back to Ryan who is now eyeing me suspiciously.

He chuckled for a second before finally giving me his answer, "Well, I saw him smiling non-stop a while ago so I decided to ask what was happening and he told me that you two got back together again." He leans his head closer, "And he said that he had stayed at your house last night."

I scrunch my nose, "And why did the hell he said something like that? What did you even asked him that made him say that?"

"Well I asked when did you two got back together and he told me last night when he stayed at your place and I didn't even asked him to explain because I get it or I know what happened already. He's Dylan, my best friend, after all." He winks at me.