Chapter 14: Unexpected

Kate

I’m sitting at bench that is placed on our porch, my father called last night and it’s been months since I last heard of him. He told me that he was trying to call me but he thinks that my mother has been blocking his calls. He doesn’t have my new number because my mother asks me to change it when we moved to town, my father only have our home number which his number is blocked because of my mother and my mother’s phone number which my mother doesn’t answer. Since they separated, my mother is being distant from him and she also distance me away from him. I can’t understand why she’s doing it but she’s making me hate her even more.

My mother is out, she’s at work and I’m glad she is because my father will be coming over. I told him our address and he told me that he’ll be visiting this morning. I can’t wait to see my father, I miss him so much that I didn’t attended school just to see him. My mother doesn’t know about that and the fact that my father will be visiting this morning.

After several minutes, a black SUV stopped in front of our house. I stand up from where I was sitted and I hurriedly made my way towards the car. The man inside the car went out and I was happy to see my dad. He was wearing his shirt and the jeans that I bought him a while back, I hugged him as soon as I saw him and he did the same.

“I miss my baby girl, you didn’t even grow an inch since the last I saw you.” He teases while hugging me tightly. I’m happy, it’s been months since I last saw him and I feel like it was forever.

I can feel tears escaping from my eyes and I didn’t even bother to wipe them, “I miss you so much Dad!” I said in a shaky tone of voice.

“Don’t you dare cry or I’ll tickle you right here and now.” He stated.

I smiled and pulled out of the hug and he wipes the tears that are coming out of my eyes. “Where do you want to go my little pumpkin?” He gladly said.

“Anywhere is fine dad.” I said, smiling.

“Okay, hop in sweetie.” My dad open the door in the other side of the car and let me in.

--

Dylan

I was waiting for Kate this morning but I wasn’t able to see her. I’ve been looking for her but she’s nowhere to be found, I even called and texted her, but she wasn’t even answering any of my calls and messages.

Its lunch time and I’ve been waiting for Beth and Kate to arrive but the only one who arrived was Beth.

“Beth, where’s Kate?” I asked her when she took her sit beside Austin.

She placed her tray on the table and took a sip from her bottled water before she answer me, “All I know was she won’t be going to school today. She texted me last night that she won’t be coming to school tomorrow and she didn’t reply when I asked her the reason why.”

Is she sick or something? Yesterday she was just fine, or did she went to some place? I felt uneasy, as if I was worried about her.